Sign in to follow this  
MICHAELTOWNSEND

x-plane 11 authentication licencing fail notice

I purchased this program a few weeks ago. Now when I start a new flight I get a Authentication notice to type in my email address and password. I am not sure what password they wanted but figured it must be for Steam or X-Plane so I typed in each in turn and keep getting a Authentication Fail notice and to go to the internet for Licencing. Where exactly I am to look is a mystery.  I wrote to X-Plane Support and asked what password I needed to use. This is the exact answer: Name of Product(s)-Put N/A for None: X-plane.

Can anyone explain this rather cryptic message?  Better yet how do I get the Licencing Authentication to work? I watched the Video by X-Plane concerning this, but it doesn't explain what to do if you get the  Failure notice when starting a new flight.  I have checked the boxes for automatic updates and licencing when installing the program.

Thank you

Michael Townsend

Can you please post a screenshot or photo of the popup? I suspect it might be the prompt from X-Aviation which comes up from time to time. Do you own any addons bought through X-Aviation (e.g. the Ixeg 733, the LES Saab 340A or the HotStart TBM 900)?

Did you buy your license key from a 3rd party website?

Is it sure that this prompt is from X-Plane? For example Simcoders REP-package also asks sometimes for key and it is very hard to determine the author of dialog box.