Sign in to follow this  
Nick209

Hardware for X-Plane10?

Hello I’ve recently decided to get into this whole thing. It’s really fun to me. However I’m so tired of the limited stuff through mobile so I’m really looking to get all the hardware to so I can play on pc. I’m not sure what to buy though as I’ve read all games require different hardware? Can someone link me to a quick set up or Just tell me some things I need to look for? In order to play X-Plane 10?

Do you really mean XP 10 or rather 11, which would be the current version? I mean, no problem if it's 10, I actually like X-Plane 10 more and fly it much more often than 11,  just want to reconfirm.

Generally, I would recomment a CPU with a higher speed rather than more cores, as XP-11 is still heavily dependent on single-thread performance although it uses more than one core. You will also want at least 16GB of RAM, 32GB would be even better.
As far as the GPU goes, it would be fine to have 8GB of VRAM, 6GB is the absolute minimum in my opinion if you want to use texture-heavy addon planes and scenery.

Id wait till the AMD 3000 chips come out and we get some real performance benchmarks, only few weeks away, GPu Nvidia 1070, 1080 or if you rich 2000 series, min 8gb Vram, but once vulcan hits the shores may be ok with AMD, other wise CPU 4 core minimum , the yare used to load textures, takes some of teh load of main core in use, and again with vulcan we may get some real changes eventually and use teh core properly with multi threads..  most run clocks at 4.6 Gig or better if you want performance

I have an i5 6300...16 gigs RAM and a nvidia GTX 1080 and it runs X Plane 10  default aircraft at the default Preset Medium settings about 60 FPS...at KJFK with real weather...stormy real weather....smooth as silk. Just got a new machine for X Plane 11 though.