scottb613

PIREP - Paste Alternative - IC Graphite Thermal Pad

Posted (edited)

Hi Folks,

Just finished a build that's been sitting around gathering dust for about a year and a half...

i7700K "delid" with a Noctua NH-D15S and (4) additional Noctua case fans...

I had read some posts here and reviews on Amazon on the IC Graphite Thermal Pad - all were very positive - so for around $12.00 I figured I'd give this solution a try... It's so simple a caveman could do it - drop the pad on your CPU and attach the cooler - no goupy messy paste to work with or the uncertainty of using the correct amount... It's supposed to offer better longevity than paste and it certainly seems plausible... I like it - seems to work like a champ...

Stress tested my new i7700K at 5Ghz for hours - resulted in a max temp of 65C - good enough for me and two thumbs up... I don't have any paste metrics to compare...

Disclosure: Not related to company in any manner - just happy with my purchase...

Regards,
Scott

81eKoHyCiHL._SL1500_.jpg

Edited by scottb613
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I've always wondered why such a retail product didn't exist.

Thanks for posting my friend!  I'll use it in my next build.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks @scottb613 !  I've actually just ordered one off amazon.  Also I sent you an email hehe

Edited by ryanbatcund
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Hi Dave,

Happy to help...

Hi Ryan,

The only critical comment I've seen is some people mentioned the pad is slippery which sometimes makes it difficult to attach the CPU cooler to the CPU without the pad moving around - I didn't have that issue and it went on just fine the first time... It might depend on your model of CPU cooler ? I'll look for the email - thanks...

Enjoy...

Regards,
Scott  

Edited by scottb613

Posted (edited)

Its , ok 

Its good for Std clock and mild Overclocking , not recomend for +5ghz 9900k OC 

I speak for the Grizzly , tested it before realease not test the IC think the Grizzly shall perform sligthy better if look at rewiews.

Edited by westman