Sign in to follow this  
coolcatkelso

VoxATC Traffic

Hi Guys

Is there any other "real world" flights to use as AI that will work with Voxatc? I have P3D and voxatc 7.41 but traffic around Edinburgh seems pretty poor, airport is full, but runway always free for takeoffs and landing, which isn'y like this in real life. 

I've heard that you can addon real flights but can't remember what it was called or what the effect on Vox would be. Would I better to purchase this AI and turn off Voxatc AI?

don't purchase any AI addon

download Alpha India Group's all in one package - free, easy to set up and very good! 

and works beautifully with Vox

Edited by kevinfirth

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas14 3200 DDR4; RTX3090

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

VOXATC both controls and communicates with the AIG aircraft. Nothing else even comes close. With VOXATC, the AI aircraft will automatically dock with SODE jetways, but not with the default P3d4 jetways. This is the one shortcoming.

On 6/25/2019 at 6:46 PM, jabloomf1230 said:

VOXATC both controls and communicates with the AIG aircraft. Nothing else even comes close. With VOXATC, the AI aircraft will automatically dock with SODE jetways, but not with the default P3d4 jetways. This is the one shortcoming.

GSX level 2 solves that?

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas14 3200 DDR4; RTX3090

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

Nope. GSX 2 actually makes things worse for all AI aircraft. It uses SODE jetways only for the user's aircraft. It replaces the animated default jetways at AI occupied gates with non-animated versions of SODE jetways. The jetways do look nice, however.

33 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

It replaces the animated default jetways

but only at FSDT & stock airports automatically (gives an abandoned look) but not to other 3rd party SODE equipped airports such FBS's KSFO etc (unless you choose ??) where you will continue to see AI docking.

for now, cheers

john martin

True, but if a 3rd party airport already has SODE jetways then the impact of GSX 2 on VOXATC's AI is zero. Those airports already work correctly.

BTW, I've mentioned this before. It's not a big deal to use an SODE jetway model from another airport and replace the default jetways at any airport. The author of SODE provides a freeware app SODE Placer which does just that. You can't freely circulate the SODE XML file though,  without permission of the jetways author.