Sign in to follow this  
MAHLER

Aerosoft 318-321 oscillations

I know posting this issue here is out of place, but no replies have been forthcoming from Aerosoft forums regarding

flight oscillations after reaching cruise altitude in auto flight in all models of this aircraft in P3D v3.4,

Windows 10 platform.  latest Aerosoft versions.

I experience no performance problems with PMDG's NGX, 777 & 747v3. which of course are more demanding

CPU & GPU wise.

Has anyone else come across this problem.

I only notice it climbing to cruise altitude with time acceleration, it porpoises badly. At cruise level its always been fine.

I had the same problem after reaching cruise level. My solution was to uninstall all 4 airbusses, and never install them again. I got frustrated and angry that Aerosoft choose to ignore it when people complain, and do everything to convince people that it's not their fault, but the customers. One silly excuse was that when fps drops under a certain number, it may behave funny, That's the most rediciilous excuse I've ever heard, I have NEVER had any other aircraft that misbehaved if the fps dropped below a certain number. Aerosoft is deefinitely a NO buy for me from now.

• Upvote 1

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

23 minutes ago, jlund said:

One silly excuse was that when fps drops under a certain number, it may behave funny,

It does. That's not an excuse, it's a fact. I witness it every other flight. It is simply how the fly-by-wire system is programmed. It becomes unstable below 18FPS.

Edited by Farlis
  • Upvote 2

To add to the lost of non-compliances, there is also the wing-rock which may occur on e.g., an ILS  approach prior to manual handling the landing, which is not evidently caused by turbulence or the weather engine. It occurs uncomfortably at quite low altitude and is obviously very  unrealistic and would be scary to say the least in reality. I believe that a similar explanation has been provided governing how the fly-by-wire has been coded and they don't intend to provide any fix for this behaviour. Needless to say, another competitor product does not exhibit this behaviour.

4 hours ago, MAHLER said:

models of this aircraft in P3D v3.4,

So...this would be the old 32-bit Aerosoft Airbus X Extended product you're talking about?

Because the newer 64-bit Aerosoft Airbus Professional will not run on P3Dv3.4.

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Hi all,

Have taken a couple of flights using default weather themes instead of using ASN weather engine, no porpoise problems, am in the process of accessing

whether the wind and turbulence settings (default) in ASN are disturbing the flight characteristics of the aircraft..

9 hours ago, Mace said:

So...this would be the old 32-bit Aerosoft Airbus X Extended product you're talking about?

Because the newer 64-bit Aerosoft Airbus Professional will not run on P3Dv3.4.

I fully agree with you. That means we should be aware that we are talking about an old aircraft on the old P3D!

Jürgen Martens, DK7HN

I'm talking about the Airbus Professional on P3D v 4.3, not the old one. And the funny part is that I never had the oscillation problem on the old Airbus Extendend, it's only the new "pro" busses that have it.

" That's not an excuse, it's a fact."  fact or not, it only speaks to poor programming and is NOT realistic. I've never hear of this problem with FSLabs' airbus, so they have apparently done it right. Aerosoft just won't recognize it at their fault and fix it.

• Upvote 1

Jorn Lundtoft

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

For me this aircraft flies perfectly.
You just have to disable weather, climb manually until reaching cruise alt, disable the auto throttle for the descent and warn your passengers that you don't really control your plane.
Then, if you are lucky and have acceptable frames rate, you'll have a chance to test your skills for a smooth touch down.

And what I love above all, is that it is the only simulated "pro" aircraft I know in 2019 which doesn't have pop-up windows for main instruments.

I love it so much that I don't want to use it anymore.
It now rests in my own museum of lemons.

😊

Edited by David Roch
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

I really don't understand why with so many iterations (versions) of the A320 starting in the days FSX, Aerosoft has not managed to get those (essential?) things right?

- TONY -

25 minutes ago, David Roch said:

For me this aircraft flies perfectly.
You just have to disable weather, climb manually until reaching cruise alt, disable the auto throttle for the descent and warn your passengers that you don't really control your plane.
Then, if you are lucky and have acceptable frames rate, you'll have a chance to test your skills for a smooth touch down.

And what I love above all, is that it is the only simulated "pro" aircraft I know in 2019 which doesn't have pop-up windows for main instruments.

I love it so much that I don't want to use it anymore.
It now rests in my own museum of lemons.

😊

David, you brought a smile to my face on a grey miserable day, thank you. I read your first line and was keep to see why you thought that....😃

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Lol 🙂
Always happy to bring a smile on someone's face Dave!!

I sincerely appreciate Aerosoft.
They fully participate enhancing our sim world for years and years, they are a serious company, and I have most of their EU airports which are excellent.
But their Airbus adventure is a fiasco.

• Upvote 1

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

Take a look at their A330, no one knows when or IF it ever will be out, they once again keep making exscuses for the long delay, and I wouldn't be surprised if they use the news about MS2002 coming in maybe a year or so, they'll use that as another excuse to delay the A330.

Aerosoft, No thanks.

Jorn Lundtoft