Sign in to follow this  
Ident

What are your "must haves" for MFS2020

Not a feature request or what you would like to see in the new sim, but what are the things that must be in there for you to consider it your primary sim?

For me, I've moved to VR and my simpit is built around that so VR is a must. Being in VR, I use the GTN750 as the best way to change freq, pull up charts etc so having a GTN750 is a must have at some point. I will use the sim if it has VR but it wont be anything more than a sim to fool around in while XP and P3D maintain primary sim status. Next is PilotEdge. Real ATC is a must for me. I use and will look forward to default ATC with hopes of improvements to it but I like to use the sim for real world practice and PE ATC is a must.  Last thing I would need would be a plane I feel replicas a good aircraft and allows for wear and tear. Something that is modeled to have me keeping an eye on all my gauges, listening for random sounds etc. Very much like an Accusimed or REP plane. After that addons and features would be gravy.

So my list is:

VR
GTN750
PilotEdge access
highly featured GA plane that ages and is well modeled

A helicopter.

Preferably both a light trainer like a R22 or Cabri, and also a medium twin engine like a Bell 412 or AW139 with the fancy stuff like force trim release and 3 or 4-axis autopilot.

The minimum flight model requirement would be entry and exit from ground effect, and a realistic simulation of single engine failure and autorotation to the ground for recovery.

It would be nice to have more advanced flight model features like vortex ring state, retreating blade stall, and mast bump. Because I can get that in XP and DCS. But that's not a deal breaker if the rest of the flight dynamics are good and there is a compelling world to fly in, with good scenery and weather modeling.

I won't say it's "no deal" if there are no helicopters in the initial release. But seriously... if you're gonna call it a "flight simulator" and there are no helicopters? That means you're either making a very pared-down sim, or else there is something close to the ground you don't want us to look at. 😄

• Like 2

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

All my p3dv4 addons have to work.

• Like 1

spacer.png

12 minutes ago, Boomer said:

All my p3dv4 addons have to work.

Lol. 

• Upvote 3

I've a feeling that this is going to become a wishlist thread. However, here are my must haves for it to replace my P3D use:

- Photoscenery with 3D objects placed on top by the bucket load. TrueEarth on steroids for at least several large areas of the World.

- The ability to get/buy detailed airports and aeroplanes.

- AI (though I'd like to see a massive improvement in the engine to better replicate real world ops, plus a simplification of how they are 'coded'.  Too many manual entries required in .cfg and .air files).

- Weather. (Ideally full 3D clouds and an engine that looks at whole weather systems to model in-sim instead of individual METAR reports).

- A complete re-write so that my CPU and GPU are used effectively to increase the chance of a fluid experience.

- Excellent aerodynamics / aircraft handling characteristics modelling (incl. ground effect, stall and turboprop engine, thermals for gliding recreation).

- Very little / no backward compatibility with previous ESP sims. All new, so that legacy issues are removed / resolved.

- No helicopters. Everyone knows that they aren't real aircraft. They only 'fly' because they're so ugly that the ground repels them! 😉

Edited by F737NG
Added point
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

14 minutes ago, F737NG said:

- No helicopters. Everyone knows that they aren't real aircraft. They only 'fly' because they're so ugly that the ground repels them! 😉

Helicopter's don't fly, they simply beat the air into submission.

10,000 parts moving in close formation.

Or another one: 10,000 bits of metal fatigue rotating around an oil leak.

Something I tried very hard not to think about, when I used to hire them for photo shoots. There is still nothing like it!

• Like 2

X-Plane and Microsoft Flight Simulator on Windows 10 
i7 6700 4.0 GHz, 32 GB RAM, GTX 1660 ti, 1920x1200 monitor

9 minutes ago, Paraffin said:

Or another one: 10,000 bits of metal fatigue rotating around an oil leak.

Ha ha!

You've just dissuaded me from trying out a helicopter for at least 10 years...

Where in the World 'must have' been recreated in detail in the new sim for you to "beat the air into submission"?

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

It's gonna be my main sim whatever it brings, because I'm done with Prepar3D and X-Plane, and realistically, Aerofly FS 2 is going nowhere fast (or should I say slowly). If I don't like I'll just return to my regular schedule. I haven't been simming for the last couple of years, so nothing gained, nothing lost. 

That being said, to me the must have feature is geographic accuracy. My main interest in the flight sim is exploring the world from the air in all its glory, especially visiting places I will never get to see in real life. 95% of all my addons for FS9, FSX and P3D have been scenery related. I just need one reasonably good aircraft (one that "feels" like its flying in the air, not going on rails, and I'm happy). 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

One thing you can guarantee it will not please everybody no sim has and never will.  

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Simming is for me a holistic experience. Good aircraft (I mean A2A/PMDG grade) without good sceneries (I mean OrbX grade) is no good as is good sceneries without good aircraft.  I fully accept that perfection is not of this world (neither real nor simulated) so the "must haves" of the new sim should a good balance between both, significantly improving on what P3D offers. 

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

All my p3dv4 addons have to work

I guess that it would also need to include a study level MD11? :wink:

Edited by Christopher Low

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1. VR support

2. F-16 (preferably from Milviz)

Edited by Thac
  • Like 1

The only real must have for me, and frankly it's more of a sensible expectation than a 'must have', is that unlike the dated architecture of previous MS Flight Sims, which (since admittedly it made sense at the time) relied almost entirely upon the CPU for processing. This new offering should make best use of the GPU for visual processing, only utilising the CPU for calculations best suited to that hardware. For too long we've had to use an almost prohibitively expensive hardware sledgehammer to crack a walnut where MSFS (and to a large extent P3D) are concerned. This has been a notable barrier to its more widespread uptake.

Thus I do expect this to be the case, but certainly the success of it is likely to be contingent upon this, because as noted, it will mean that take up of the software will not be hampered by any necessity to spend a fortune on the latest hardware to be in with a chance of running it at an acceptable frame rate with the option of the visuals which its trailer promises being something one can genuinely make use of.

Oh, and it needs a DC-3. 🤣

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Scenery: World coverage that includes seasons & coastlines. Roads and moving cars from XP 11 along with its awesome night lighting. All major cities and their respective airports.

Weather: What I saw in the video + ASP 4 equivalent.

Airports that come alive with AI, GSX, and ATC chatter. A realistic ATC system for VFR & IFR ops that responds to voice commands. FlyTampa, Flightbeam, and ORBX compatibility.

Utilities: Support for my yoke, pedals, Goflight modules, and Track IR. (FSUIPC support)

Planes: Accufeel as a standard for default planes along with VC effects. Realair/Vertx, A2A, Milviz, and PMDG support as a minimum.

All of the above is pretty much available in some way by the various sims available today. If MS doesn't have the expertise to at least create a sim with features that are available right now, then they should just cancel their plans for a new sim.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.