Sign in to follow this  
kawaboy

Running FSX on 3 monitors + accessory screen at full screen

Hi All

I'm running a MSI 1070ti with 3 x 27in AOC on the Display port outputs. This works really well for FSX in full screen.

I wanted to add another smaller screen to run progs such as Aivlasoft EFB, and the PMDG PFD.

For now, I connected the 4th monitor to the IGPU of the motherboard with RGB cable.  This works fine in windowed mode until I fire up FSX into full screen mode then the 4th screen goes black.

The 4th screen has a DPI input and there is a DPI out on the 1070Ti. Should I use this?

Is there a way to include the 4th monitor in full screen mode as I much prefer flying in full screen and seeing the Aivlasoft EFB in action.

Thanks for any input

Regards

Joe

3 hours ago, kawaboy said:

Is there a way to include the 4th monitor in full screen mode

No. As you have discovered, you need to use Windowed mode. There are some hacks for running borderless windows in FSX, so you could try searching for these.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

Hi Mark

Thanks for your reply.

I'll search your suggestion.

Cheers

Joe

Hi Joe

The AVSIM Library has "Pseudo Full Screen". I've used it for years, its freeware and its superb. It lets you run FSX as if its in full screen mode but also lets you use another monitor for other apps like Active Sky Next, Aivlasoft EFB, etc. Fully explained in the library entry and really easy to set up and use.

Hope this is helpful.

Best regards

Rupert

Gday CBPilot

Thanks for that very helpful advice.

I got it working on my laptop and will try it on the main FSX computer.

It looks good.

Thanks again.

I tried it on the FSX computer (Win10) but for some reason, I couldn't get Autohide Taskbar to work. I tried the suggested fixes but no go.

I'll persevere a bit more.

Cheers

Hi

If its the Win taskbar with the Start menus then open Task Manager, look in Processes tab for explorer.exe and restart it. That generally resets the auto hide - assuming its set to auto hide in the first place😉

If it’s the FSX menu bar at the top then holding “Alt” for a few seconds should hide it (or display it).

Best regards

Rupert