Sign in to follow this  
Guest tdragger

***FSX Team - ? for you ***

Guest tdragger

I didn't mean to offend but keep in mind I have to walk a fine line when it comes to disclosure, hence I often have to be vague. If you expect straight answers you will sometimes be disappointed. My assumption at the moment is that even a vague answer is better than nothing but I could be wrong--would not be the first time.

> they surely won't be able to get out of the assylum in time to buy FSX when it does hit the shelves.:-lol

Guest garwig2

>>My guess is that they>>will be deleting features/enhancements as testing>progresses,>>not adding them.>>>Why on earth would they remove stuff that is already part of>FSX ???? My understanding is that part of testing is finding the things that aren't working as expected. Once those things are found a decision has to be made if it can be fixed on time (and how important it that feature is). If it can't be fixed then it gets dropped and hopefully saved for the next version instead.-Gary Letona

Guest Fjorko

>I didn't mean to offend but keep in mind I have to walk a>fine line when it comes to disclosure, hence I often have to>be vague. If you expect straight answers you will sometimes be>disappointed. My assumption at the moment is that even a vague>answer is better than nothing but I could be wrong--would not>be the first time.Fair enough !I understand this. So I will come to the conclusion then that many of us have speculated and "wished" for things that we definitely will see (fixed or added or enhanced) in FSX, but without any confirmation from your side (because of the NDA you may be under).I DO hope my wish will come true.... and I guess you know what that is ----> spoken about it many times ----> to do with the word "smooth" and "visibility" ;-)Cheers

> My understanding is that part of testing is finding the things that aren't working as expected. > Once those things are found a decision has to be made if it can be fixed on time (and how important > it that feature is). If it can't be fixed then it gets dropped and hopefully saved for the next > version instead.It will be really rare case. If your working on a complex app it is generally more risky to try and remove features than it is to leave them there and fix the issues.

Deleted. Not worth a response.

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Guest Foxtrot 125 Tango

>>I didn't mean to offend but keep in mind I have to walk a>>fine line when it comes to disclosure, hence I often have to>>be vague. If you expect straight answers you will sometimes>be>>disappointed. My assumption at the moment is that even a>vague>>answer is better than nothing but I could be wrong--would>not>>be the first time.>>>Fair enough !>>I understand this. So I will come to the conclusion then that>many of us have speculated and "wished" for things that we>definitely will see (fixed or added or enhanced) in FSX, but>without any confirmation from your side (because of the NDA>you may be under).>>I DO hope my wish will come true.... and I guess you>know what that is ----> spoken about it many times ----> to do>with the word "smooth" and "visibility" ;-)>>Cheers SMOOOOOOOTH especially. Bring it on!! :-) Regards,Mark.

Guest christian

Oh, please keep the vague answers coming. It certainly is better than nothing.Christian

Guest tdragger

>Why on earth would they remove stuff that is already part of>FSX ???? It happens with every other piece of software. Why not FSX? That's why we're careful about what we say here. There could be some stuff in the game now that won't be there when it ships. (In fact, I know there is.)

Guest tdragger

Not always. It depends on how it was written. I know of several new features that we'll be removing before we ship. Just not enough time to make them right.

Guest tdragger

And much more fun--for me anyway... ;)

Perhaps you can provide some incentives to make them work a bit harder :-lol

Guest Fjorko

>And much more fun--for me anyway... ;)You really ARE enjoying this arn't you - prolonging our pain like this !!! ;-)How 'bout another screenshot or 2 or 30 ? Whuhahahahahahaha :-)

:-)

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Hi,There are several things that are in FS2004 that apparently were inactivated (or never activated). One of them is that taxiways have a property of "maximum weight loading" in the database (as I remember), but it's not used in the sim.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___