Sign in to follow this  
Strahinja

I want Missions, Challanges, Jobs and Aerocache hunt!

Do you want Missions, Challanges, Tutorials, Checklists, Jobs and Aerocache hunt in MS Flight Simulator like Microsoft Flight had?  

43 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Do you want Missions, Challanges, Tutorials, Checklists, Jobs and Aerocache hunt in MS Flight Simulator like Microsoft Flight had?

• YES!
    • No...

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/30/2019 at 09:59 PM

Everyone know that Microsoft Flight (2012) had all mentioned in title. It's still my favorite flight game I ever played.

Now we are getting Microsoft Flight Simulator, in traler we again can see Icon A5, is there a chance we are going to get Boeing PT-17 Stearman and VAN's RV again? Yes, we got big planes now as well which is cool, I am happy that hardcore flight sim players are finally getting beautiful game to play, I will rather stick to smaller planes, doing missions, hunting for Aerocaches.

Do you think new flighg sim will include it? I am still today enjoying playing Microsoft Flight Missions, Challanges, Jobs and hunting Aerocaches. There are 350 of them in that game, new Flight could have like few thousands of them so we can hunt them together in Multiplayer while watching players flying big planes above because thay love them more.

If it's going to be game without all stuff mentioned above, without tutorials, without Checklists then I won't be hyped for this that much.

Anyone knows when is official Microsoft Flight Simulator Forum about to be opened? I want to ask same question there.

Edited by Strahinja

The greatest thing about FSX in my opinion was the broad appeal. It provided fun for beginners, gamers and hardcore simmers. I hope they manage to make the new Flight Simulator as diverse and open as before. I won't be hunting aerocaches, but I loved some of the missions in FSX, and hope they will provide some fun ones in in the new sim as well.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Yeah, one of the best things in MS Flight was the "Multiplayer" doing jobs from the "Jobboard" and the daily content like aerocache.

We met with few people at an airport, searched independently for a job to the same destination and had a blast flying VFR together in formation and talking on the radio,

Exactly!

As simmerhead said, he is not that interested in hunting Aerocaches. He might only fly big planes, learn how to manually start them up, transport passengers and play tutorials and I don't know, emergency challanges and whatever MS Flight Sim can offer for them.

On the other side Heimi, you and me are more interested into flying smaller planes, exploring map, doing Challanges together, Jobs together, hunting Aerocaches etc.

I truly hope Microsoft will include all that in their new Flight Sim. I tried games like P3D, X-Plane 11, DCS but I never stick to them for long time. I am not interested into just flying for hours with big planes, I am still playing abandoned MS Flight which still has more content then all other Flight games. MS Flight was not a simulator that's true, it was more arcade but for me is still best.

We will get some news soon I hope regarding that. I can't wait to fly that Icon A5! :D

• Like 3

As long as they have a Missions SDK, I think they'll be ok.  Even better would be a (fairly) simply way for the end-user to create a basic mission.

Should this stuff ship with the sim?  Yes I think a few sample missions would be nice.  I also think aerobatic flying...pylons, etc....should be a part of it...I see that as having broad appeal to perhaps a younger, more casual audience...which is *needed*.   And what do we need for good aerobatic flying?  SMOOTHNESS....it's the one word that needs to be the foundation of the entire sim.  Without it, it's a tough road to travel for a sim.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Aero caches was a very fun part of Flight. It would be nice if it is in their new version. 

• Like 1

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

I miss about a hand full of missions from FSX, Innsbruck Approach, Resort Supply, Secret Shuttle, Amsterdam to London, Monsoon approach, And the carrier landing at night (can't remember the name).

I'm using P3D V4.5 now.

Mike

TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI)MOTHERBOARD 
AMD Ryzen 5 5900X CPU-LIQUID COOLED
AMD RADEON RX 6900 XT
32GB RAM G-SKILL TRIDENT Z
SAMSUNG SSD 980 PRO 2TB

I might sound like a broken record, but....

If the new MSFS takes the good from Microsoft Flight (flight model, missions, challenges, aerocaches, career mode, etc ) and adds the full SIMULATOR  features missing in MS Flight, as stated in their post,  then I believe we have a WINNER.

I really miss the good old days when some of us posting in this MSFS Forum were doing the MS Flight "beta",
really enjoyed flying all around Hawaii (and Later Alaska), it was FUN.

Cheers.

Edited by RamonB
  • Like 2

I sound like the brokent record too! 😄

That's it, full SIMULATOR + Content for hardcore Flight sim players + Content for players that like flying small planes.

Hardcore simmers: Start up tutorials (with voice cover of course), Emergency missions, Challanges, and Jobs (transporting passengers across world to earn XP, to unlock Liveries etc.)

Arcade players 😛 We can also have Missions like MS Flight had, Challanges (Aerobatics, Gold Rush, Landings, Challange Courses), Jobs (transporting illegal cargo like in MS Flight 😛 , or Pizza) and of course Aerocaches, like 3000 of them to find in MSFS. We also as Community can help Microsoft to include some epic Aerocaches same as with MS Flight, a lot of Aerocaches in MS Flight where suggested by Community members. With this new technology we can do EVERYTHING!!! Imagine that you have been on amazing place during vacation anywhere in the world, you can suggest Aerocache to Microsoft and write epic description and have your own Aerocache in game that all players can catch. 😄

To me that sounds AMAZING, when Microsoft opens MSFS Forum we should all go there to suggest new ideas, and talk here regularly to create even more ideas.

16 hours ago, 188AHC said:

Aero caches was a very fun part of Flight. It would be nice if it is in their new version. 

I think the concept of aero-caches was excellent, the educational aspect was an added bonus.

The implementation was too unrealistic and just wrong for my taste. The fact that we could get out and walk is one of my main reasons. For example, to even think about buzzing near (even a representation of) the USS Arizona Memorial, is not something that should even enter anyone's mind. Honor and respect gets greyed out (yes, even in a "game"), and I will not have that. To land at PHNL and take a boat ride to the Memorial and walk to the aero-cache at the Memorial is how I would have implemented it. Even landing the Icon in the harbor would not be right. Anything it takes to keep honor and respect in place.

Another example of poor implementation was some of the impossible maneuvers at the bottom of waterfalls into a 20 ft. wide canyon during a 90 degree dive....just plain stupid, and encouraging foolishness, this is not "fun" to me.

If the "game" is going to include real life things, realistically, it needs to be sure real life conditions/restrictions are included too.

Respect for the laws of physics, aeronautical regulations, other people, and oneself, should always be a part of any realistic flight sim. If it lacks in this, it is worthless to me.

So someone whose never flown any real aircraft can fly a 747 in Flightsims is realistic? You're taking this whole thing way too seriously. 

• Like 3

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

6 hours ago, pracines said:

Anything it takes to keep honor and respect in place.

Thank you for your service.  What branch were you in?

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Yes to all of this and more. And some FSX type missions also, although I would like to see some new ones, or at least updated. I like that in FSX you can fly any mission and DO NOT have to fly one to unlock another. But MS just give us everything. And wouldn't these types of things work well on the 63 million Xbox players along with multiplayer and regular flights. We need income from all sources. heck in the future make a mobile version to help finance the development. Wonder how they will continue to make steady money to pay for continued, LONG TERM, development? Xbox Game Pass, Microsoft Store sales, Steam Store sales, they also sell DLC, etc.. Yes and also 3rd party for everyone. Make us all happy please Microsoft. Is that too much to ask.

Would be cool to fire up MSFS XX and it loads something new every so often. New area like Career Mode, new default aircraft, helicopter, float plane ( my favorite ), etc... It would also keep it fresh as well as updating the core, PC and Xbox. If they make millions or billions, and the 3rd party make money too, bring it on. Look at it like Windows, continue to update it over time. A long time 🙂 But they have to make money to pay people, to continue development of the base flight simulator. I have no idea how, but make it happen, please!

Oh yeah just for me add the Kenmore Air float plane mission, pretty please 🙂 

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

The two to one in favor vote is a very positive sign.

One thing the aerocaches did was highlight and call attention to the level of detail in the Hawaii scenery.  For example, one destination was the set of the TV show Lost.  I was surprised that the Robin's Nest from Magnum PI wasn't one of the destinations.  Someone found it and told the rest of us about it.  Unfortunately Alaska wasn't quite as good with weeks of nothing but Gold Dredge at one point.

I loved finding out where all the sightseeing destinations were, then seeing how many I could hit on a single tank of gas while hauling a sightseer.  

The landing challenges were great, described by a real world pilot elsewhere as "tough but fair."  I couldn't complete the third Stearman challenge after many tries, so I took a break and flew hoops in the Stearman for a couple of hours.  When I went back to the challenge I aced it the first try.  Having fun, but also learning.

An aerocache on Easter Island (SCIP) would be a modern version of the badge you could collect in FSX by flying to the Most Remote airport there.  I really miss having those in P3D.

Hook

• Upvote 2

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

6 hours ago, 188AHC said:

So someone whose never flown any real aircraft can fly a 747 in Flightsims is realistic? You're taking this whole thing way too seriously. 

Rick, I understand your perspective, but here are some things to consider:

How does a 747 pilot fly a 747? You think they are born with that knowledge? Surely you have seen the PMDG manuals, and forums filled with genuine questions of flight simmers learning how to fly that rendition of a 747. It does not come easy, and it should not, that's why it's called a simulator. But eventually a simmer could learn how to fly a 747 just like real pilots learn. I flew my first real airplane without anything but a 10 minute brief. My instructor did not have to touch the controls even once. It was a challenge, for the first few moments, steering with my feet.🤪😂 

I don't mean to offend you or anybody else when I take flight simming very seriously. To increase the seriousness, increases the fun (challenge) for me. Its like for example a sport you enjoy; would you find it fun to win against that 3 year old child, or would you rather play with one who has a chance to win? The challenge is more fun and rewarding. You would not even consider playing with a child, and the same is true for me with a flight sim or features in a flight sim.

If honor and respect should not be taken seriously, then nothing matters. But I tell you the truth, Avsim (you) require(s) members to honor and respect the Avsim rules, right? Or why cant we all just have fun cussing each other out? This is "just a flight sim forum" right?, not that big a deal. You see, a whole new light on honor and respect begins to make sense. Should honor and respect apply to Avsim, but not aviation or simulators (the very reason for Avsim's existence)? We have more fun at Avsim because of taking honor and respect seriously.  

Aero-caches are fine as long as aviation is not portrayed/taken as a simple game ("grab a mouse and go"), because it is not. This does not mean that someone couldn't use a realistic sim as a game if they wish; everybody chooses their own path, but for MS to choose it to be a game for people who want realism, then it will fail. I think we all want MSFS to succeed at realism.

I'm very glad Microsoft emphasized the word "simulator" in their recent communication to us.

Edited by pracines