Sign in to follow this  
cepact

msfs forums vs avsim forums

do you think msfs forums opening will be the beginning of the end for avsim ?

there is no reason to stay here because xp11/p3d/fsx will be dead anyway and we will be able to interact with msfs developers in their forums and there will be much more people there because all of the fs communities combined will post on it

what would be the point of coming here ?

Edited by cepact

Heard the same rhetoric when the PMDG forums opened; no, AVSIM isn't going anywhere.  Flight Sim encompasses more than just MS and airline simulators.  I'll assume you're new to flight sim as you're not aware that XP coexisted with MS for 3 decades; the former isn't going anyplace either.... 

Edited by kingm56
  • Upvote 1

Matt King

There will always be the need for an "independent" forum where one can speak more freely about problems that developers won't acknowledge etc. 

Nothing is going away anytime soon, but everything comes to an end at some point. If there isn't FSX, X-Plane or P3D to chat about, there will be some other flight sim or addon taking their places. 

Edited by simmerhead

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

5 minutes ago, cepact said:

what would be the point of coming here ?

You probably know the difference betweeen an enterprise forum and an open one, don't you? If not, keep an eye on ORBX, IPACS, Aerosoft, fora etc.

5 minutes ago, cepact said:

there is no reason to stay here because xp11/p3d/fsx will be dead anyway

Sure? And FS9?

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 2

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

The only thing you have to do here is follow the rules and you are welcome to talk about any sim or related topic. 

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

My god 😴

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - Prepar3D 5.4 and MSFS

Too many friends and good people here, Avsim isn't going anywhere.

Knowledge and experience base here is as deep as it gets.

I don't think this topic is going to lead anywhere good so it's locked, 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals