Sign in to follow this  
Guest EdrickV

Yet another FSX wishlist

Guest iflyc77

What Id like - WAY BETTER ATC.. no more mindless vectors, SIDS?STARS id die for And if they could assign speeds for traffic seperation!! No more AISmooth.exe and allow more runways at bigger airports to be used at the same time. Some AFCADS do that (with UT at 100% and my AFCAD and AISmooth, I never go around and there are 4 active runways.)Faster AI taxi and maybe faster speaking ATC? In the busy areas they kinda bog things down.FD- ya of course better Fligth Dynamics, I love the C172 now with Real-Air's FD Glider/Sailplane support - I was blown away when I saw the DG-500 as a real world glider pilot, I would LOVE to have an aerotow method and maybe with a signal guy and wing runner too This could also be adapted with winches. And nice Thermal and Ridge lift action. No more hours of work creating .bgls.. just tow up, and fly Invisible terrain - Bye Bye Animals - I wouldnt mind going around for a deer, but AI!!! Crash effects - dont careWeather - I like it, but smooth out the wind shears (so on your descent you dont go from 280kts to 230 in an instant . Unless its on final where that can occur from obsturctions near the runway. And of course better turbulence and thermalsHelicopters - can those be flyable now?failures - have it set up that u can easily say.. fail anything anytime anywhere, and have like a failure probablity thing. So its not.. ok, fail an instument in 10-15 minutes and im gonna be suprised because i just told it too ;/ Icing - hek ya :0 maybe even with a visual build up and you see it shear away when you turn it on the anti-iceMultiplayer - nice to hear some improvements with that.. i do online ATC as well as XC/Pylon races (PROPS) and XC glider races (SOAR). i think 2 player in the same plane would be just awsome!!! That would make it truely REAL(ish). But to have 2 people on a jet during an ATC session, where one reads checklists (but ATC canthear, pilots can) and the other pilot performs them, and either pilots can do ATC/radio ops. Or even better do this with default ATC/AI but still online.Graphics - lookin good And DEFINATELY full backward compatibility with FS9 stuff There are so many beautiful addons out there now it would be a waste...Smarter AI (no more mountian crashes)Close KCGX (Meigs) come on.. we do need it as real as it gets But I was terribly sadend with Daleys midnight raid But maybe on option like "real" scenery or "operation" scenery for CGX. It was my favorite airport by a long shot and I often obseesed about it when I was 8. Luckily, I got to fly there just months before Dim Wit Daley attacked.Slopeing runways!! Imagaine going on buhs adventures where the runways twisted and rolled Then we could make use of that slope function in our FMC Runway drop-offs Many runways have steep inclines to both sides and may some better pilots around here because going off the runway would mean a crash in some cases My home airport (44C) has a 7 foot deep ditch on either side for about half of the runway and when small planes (saw a citabria once) go down that.......More on ATC, why are they taking a C172 40 miles out on a downwind for the FAF!?!? When flying an ILS in the real world (in small singles) approach almost always vectors you right over the FAF (final approach fix, usually the outer marker) but FS, takes us out 40 miles past the field maybe making this an option MS? Real vectoring/easy vectoring or custom options for like how far out you wanna be on Final.And thats it for now :DThanks for reading and I KNOW I could come up with a few more

Guest midibyte01

<>I dont want this at all. I want the sim to move forward. Its up to the devs to upgrade their product.Scott

Guest iflyc77

Well who said it cant have foreward compatibility too :D Im just thinking that older addons, could still be used, just without the new features of FSX, then delopers "if they want" can update thier models with some of the new FSX technology.

Runway slope and runway dropoffs would be great to see in FSX.Airports like Courchevel (LFLJ) and Madeira (LPMA) would be challenging to shoot approaches into with their unique features and weather effects as a result of their location.

Guest Cell

>Runway slope and runway dropoffs would be great to see in>FSX.>>Airports like Courchevel (LFLJ) and Madeira (LPMA) would be>challenging to shoot approaches into with their unique>features and weather effects as a result of their location.http://blogs.msdn.com/tdragger/articles/490739.aspx

Guest EdrickV

Here's my take on that:Assuming that there will be a tool made to add/edit airports, if possible give us the ability to add sloping/curving runways. (Extending that to taxiways too would be nice too.) Even if none of the default airports use that feature, if the ability's there then the 3rd party developers will use it. If it isn't, they'll use whatever tricks they can to get around that limitation. I wouldn't be surprised if that will have to wait for FS11 or 12 though."Let me help you out. You're cleared to taxi any way you can to any runway you see."