Sign in to follow this  
markyharris

Font Size

Hi all,

First time user of the Mindstar G1000  software on RealSimGear Perspective system and P3D v3. So far seems to work, but the fonts are way smaller than the real units. Please tell me what I need to do to adjust the font size so that its bigger, more readable and consistent with the real life version.

Thanks in advance. - Mark

The font size on our G1000 is based on the actual unit's font size, so I must admit this post is quite the surprise.  I would like an image of what you are seeing on your units.  There is no setting where you can change the G1000's font size.  As I've stated, I would like to see an image of what you're seeing.  I believe there may be something not quite correct with your setup.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Here's a photo of the RealNavGear units setup in our office with our G1000 installed.  It's not a finished install (you can see the software bezels still showing), but it's a good representation of what it should look like with regards to font size:

4Da9Dzh.png

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Go to the Mindstar\Flight Simulator Addons folder and open the G1000.ini file.  In the [G1000] section add the following line:

IgnoreFontScaling=YES

Save the file.  See if that helps.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Thank you for the response. I will try your suggestion and let you know how it goes. I'll post a picture if it still seems too small.

Mark

The "IgnoreFontScaling=YES" command took care of the problem.

Thank you again for the quick response. - Mark

I am going to hazard a guess that you've got a 4K monitor on your system.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Yes, I use 3 screens which are native 4k. Should I have set them at 1080 in Windows settings? Would that make things work better? - Mark

Nope... it's something to do with the video drivers and your 4K screens.  I have a 4K screen and I do not have this issue.  Other users with 4K screens do.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69