Sign in to follow this  
Thac

I really want VR support in MSFS2020. What about you?

I don't. I would hate to sully the great graphics of MSFS with the sh*tty blurriness, compromises and artifacts of VR.

• Like 1

FSX | DCS | X-Plane 11 | MSFS 2020 | IL2:BoX

Favorite aircraft currently: MSFS Savage Cub

Am not buying until VR support, pancake is toyist. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, revporl said:

Am not buying until VR support, pancake is toyist. 

VR is a blurry mess compared to pancake.

Well, I would like the option of both VR and 2D. That way, I would be able to choose what style of flying I would want to do at that time.

If VR is not available, well, there won't be an option to do VR (granted, I don't have VR yet, lol, but if MSFS develops it for MSFS, it would strongly motivate me into getting it; even if it has some short-comings at this point.

After watching the video of NYC, with all it's buildings, I can only imagine how incredible it would look in VR, even if it's a bit blurry. The experience might be worth it for me to just for a "change up". Sort of like when I playing GTA just to drive or walk around the map and see the "sights". And using VR to bush fly with all those BIG, LARGE, TALL trees... lol, heaven.

Edited by SlowFlyer

10850K, MSI Unify Z490, 32gb G.Skill Ripjaw 3600 CL16, MSI 5700 XT 8gb, Nochua NH-U12a, WD 500gb Black SSD (OS- Windows 10 Pro), Samsung 2tb Evo plus SSD (games), Superflower 850 watts power supply

13 hours ago, Slides said:

I don't. I would hate to sully the great graphics of MSFS with the sh*tty blurriness, compromises and artifacts of VR.

True for you if you end up using VR, but no one will be forced to use VR.

Now, if having VR on MSFS affects it's graphic, etc, then that would be concerning, but I don't think it will lower the graphics of MSFS if VR is included, down the road.

• Upvote 1

10850K, MSI Unify Z490, 32gb G.Skill Ripjaw 3600 CL16, MSI 5700 XT 8gb, Nochua NH-U12a, WD 500gb Black SSD (OS- Windows 10 Pro), Samsung 2tb Evo plus SSD (games), Superflower 850 watts power supply

16 hours ago, Slides said:

lol Yep, that´s the reason no one wants to get back to 2D. It´s quite easy, VR feels like you`re there, inside a lifesize cockpit, landing in a lifesize runway. You are trully simming. With 2D on the other hand, is like playing at home with a screenie.

That blurry mess thing is so old that feels like the old tale of "It will fall like 3D tvs"!!

Cheers

Carlos

• Upvote 1

NLR Motion Platform V3, Intel Core i9-9900K OC @ 5Ghz, Gigabyte Gaming OC 11GB RTX 2080ti, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra. Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing LED RGB 360. Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3000 PC4-24000 32GB 4x8GB CL15. Lexar Professional NM700 M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1TB SSD. Toughpower iRGB Plus 80 Plus Platinum 850W Full Modular. Thermaltake View32 TG USB 3.0 RGB. Oculus Rift S. Qled Samsung 65Q7FN.

3 hours ago, chass32 said:

lol Yep, that´s the reason no one wants to get back to 2D. It´s quite easy, VR feels like you`re there, inside a lifesize cockpit, landing in a lifesize runway. You are trully simming. With 2D on the other hand, is like playing at home with a screenie.

That blurry mess thing is so old that feels like the old tale of "It will fall like 3D tvs"!!

Cheers

Carlos

That's because people like gimmicks more than visual fidelity. VR is the future but it's just not there yet.

• Upvote 1

On 7/30/2020 at 11:03 AM, chass32 said:

chass32 dont waste your time just hit the ignore clown button.

👍

• Like 1

On 7/29/2020 at 12:02 PM, Slides said:

On 7/29/2020 at 12:01 AM, Slides said:

I feel the coming Reverb G2 will put an end to that.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ident said:

That is getting pretty impressive.

You can tell how far they've come by the comments he makes about earlier VR.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

On 8/1/2020 at 12:08 PM, Ident said:

The G1 already does, anyone calling VR a blurry mess clearly hasn't tried a Reverb!

Edited by n4gix
PLEASE!!! Leave out the linked videos when replying!!!
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

blurry. ended whit the G1- now we got the G2.. only bottleneck now is potato PC

I’ve got the Reverb gen 1 and it’s stunning in DCS, Rubbish in essentially every other flight sim I’ve tried, But I haven’t tried IL2 and most say that’s better than DCS for performance at least. I can’t really justify gen 2 as yet but I’m looking forward to maybe gen 3.0. I’d suggest they stick with the same pixel density, fine by me as is but perhaps look to a slightly wider FOV.

I’m anxiously awaiting VR for MSFS 2020 because I have my concerns that it will, at least initially be rubbish. Time will tell, here’s hoping. 

I’m never going back to 2D, well except when I must use FS Labs to assist in RW practice, it’s invaluable for that, just wish I could do it in VR. 

Personally I'm waiting for the new HP unit, but I'll be getting a 30X0 card first.

That being said, I think there will always be a place in my simming for both. Not sure if controlling study level aircraft in DCS or FS 2020 when they come will be as easy in VR as it is with cockpit setups.

I imagine if I'm doing more complex instrument management I'd want 2D trackIR and if I just want to have some fun VR is where it's at.

Just my 2 cents.