Sign in to follow this  

I wanna see me

Well, yes and no. Starting with the assumption that the computer is powerful enough to do this, here's a possibility: If you are using the mouse to change a gauge, I imagine it would take a lot of resources, and be a pain, if the hand were to follow your mouse around everywhere. Problem is, you only want to use the hand some of the time. But perhaps if you held the lmb down and drag the mouse around the screen, that could be the sign that the hand should follow the mouse. Which hand could be based on which side you start the mouse from. Or perhaps you would select the hand from the yoke (if it's visible) and drag it to the gauge. Then when you lift the button, the hand grabs the closest gauge. Then change the gauge and the hand moves as the gauge changes. Problem of course is, who's going to remember to hold the mouse down.Heck, perhaps the delay wouldn't be so bad. How long would it take to move the hand to the gauge once you press the +/- sign to change a gauge? Or select the throttle to drag it. May not be so bad, I'm thinking on the order of 10ths of a second, not seconds. I think the key would be that it should be seamless, the user shouldn't have to think about it. So I think this second option is a better idea, that maybe the system could read cues to be able to anticipate when you are going to change a gauge and which gauge you are going to change. Perhaps as you hover near a gauge the graphics are preloaded so they instantly move on mouse button down as you change the gauge.I think something could be worked out here.Also, if you use the keyboard or another controller (i.e. the throttle control on a yoke), the system knows which gauge you are changing and should be able to move the correct hand there and change the gauge just like it does now without much if any delay.Just some ideas. Not perfect but something to start with.I REALLY like the idea in how it could interact with something like FS2Crew, where you are working with an animated crew member. Definately an aspect missing from the lessons.But, I still can't get that image of a really hairy arm out of my head :)I'll tell you, flying Bill Lyon's Goose with that crew member in the Navy is kind of freaky, definately have to be careful what these people look like and give some options.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com/FC_StartJava.html] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

Guest davidvoogd

This definately would have to be optional, personally I wouldn't want it, but I'm generally a 2D panel user anyways (with some exceptions).

Yes, Fly II used to have a little of this. In fact, lots of programs do, have you walk through some various offices to get your mission, go the hangar to get your airplane, etc.Optional of course, but I would like it. Configurable for the nostalgic among us who would model an old 40's or 60's FBO or airline, etc.Man, the world is just so big.Thomas[a href=http://www.flyingscool.com/FC_StartJava.html] http://www.flyingscool.com/images/Signature.jpg [/a]I like using VC's :-)

Tom Perry

Signature.jpg

>OR... whipping the empty can out the side window and seeing>disgruntled