Sign in to follow this  
VBHB

State of QW 787 or should I buy something else?

On 6/28/2019 at 11:45 PM, slait said:

I've just done another successful flight in mine, and I enjoyed it very much. I find myself wondering why I waited so long to make the purchase, but I'm definitely glad I finally did.

In the theme of the thread, if you had to choose between the Majestic Q400 and the QW787 which would you go for ? Also can I ask if you used the Nav Charts on the EFB ?

• Like 1

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

I absolutely love the QW 787!  As a FSX user the fact that I can do true long haul flights (eg 18 hours Atlanta to Sydney) with NO time acceleration in such a modern jet with out it CTD'ing is perfect for me.  I love performing HUD approaches with it and to me it hand flys like a dream.....I rarely turn otto on before climbing through 10,000ft!

Like others have said its still complex enough that you should read the manual to get a feel what it can do.  It helps if you are familiar with the 777 features though. My only issue with it is its limited range weather radar (which is being fixed as we speak!)

Now to "study level." In my opinion what makes the PMDG birds more "study level" then others is their failure simulation capabilities.  However, i also agree if every switch works as it does in real life (not just a dummy animation) allowing you to perform all your checks and flows then that too qualifies as "study level"

QW and Aerosoft aren't "study level" But i bet a simmer familiar with the 787 and Airbuses could still get in their real life counterparts and start their engines right up 🙃👀

Jevon 

same here i love the qw 787, sure its not in the same league as the pmgd and fsl birds, but i do like it.

14ppkc-6.png

11 hours ago, FPStewy said:

In the theme of the thread, if you had to choose between the Majestic Q400 and the QW787 which would you go for ? Also can I ask if you used the Nav Charts on the EFB ?

Majestic is definitely harder to learn and fly. Was a great experience to get used to the aircraft. It's a shame it has such a small range I could listen to those engines all day.

Didn't use the EFB much I only used it to calculate derated thrust. I have my navigraph subscription I just print off the charts.

Your main question comes down to what sort of flying you want to do.

Fly Turboprops and short sectors? Or mid to long haul where you really aren't as hands on and just monitor the aircraft and push a few more buttons.

Also the 787 is flying well after reinstall.  I'm doing JQ25 hops YMML to YBCS just to get the feel of it. Then I'll go from YBCS to RJAA. 

Upgraded my card to a 2060 and 2k monitor and it's been an awesome experience in the cockpit.

Edited by VBHB

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

So been flying this great aircraft around doing short hops and long hauls. Just completed Melb to San Fran recently flew like a dream.

Just figured out how to step climb and the fuel burn is on point. Very happy.  Next will be Perth to Heathrow.

Edited by VBHB

On 7/2/2019 at 4:33 PM, Christopher Low said:

I have no problems with take off trim calculations in the QW787. Those issues are reserved for the CS757 :dry:

Curious what trim issues are you experiencing?

I trim the aircraft as indicated in the FMC but don't experience any issue when taking off (maybe I'm not experienced enough with a 757 😁)

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

Thanks for this thread I've purchased the bird last week!

The jump to feature is great, saves time for a father to 2 kids struggling to find slots for long haul flights! 

The only issue for me is performance - I see people comparing it to other aircraft but for me it stutters significantly more then other aircraft (you can see in my sig).

I also wish they had a default cold & dark state...

Shom

• Like 2

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

19 minutes ago, Shomron said:

Curious what trim issues are you experiencing?

I trim the aircraft as indicated in the FMC but don't experience any issue when taking off (maybe I'm not experienced enough with a 757 😁)

The calculated take off trim is always way off the mark. I also get a terrain warning message as soon as the wheels leave the ground.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I have noticed now that i don't have issues with the trim but the terrain mode keeps kicking in after takeoff, which is not a very good idea considering you then only have the FD cue as a guide. I got the bug after a takeoff from SFO 28L in the 753 and well it happened. I'll update to 1.4 asap when i have the time

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Shomron said:

Thanks for this thread I've purchased the bird last week!

The jump to feature is great, saves time for a father to 2 kids struggling to find slots for long haul flights! 

The only issue for me is performance - I see people comparing it to other aircraft but for me it stutters significantly more then other aircraft (you can see in my sig).

I also wish they had a default cold & dark state...

Shom

That's great mate I created this thread just for people like us.  I couldn't find much info.

I had a lot of stutters etc too.  I'm smooth as butter now after deleted configs and shaders after install and let P3D rebuild both.  Then I tweaked as necessary until I'm happy between frames/higher settings.

I would recommend that - but before doing rename the old config.

If anyone is using projectfly I'm on there using VBHB.

Currently over Oman doing my Perth Heathrow super long haul.  789 just eats it up no problems.

Edited by VBHB

Is this on sale right now?

spacer.png

11 minutes ago, Boomer said:

I don't think the QW787 has ever been on sale but the QW757 is only $15.00 for the P3d version.

2 hours ago, Boomer said:

For the full price you get a lot. It's a buy.