Sign in to follow this  
VBHB

State of QW 787 or should I buy something else?

Wow, three quotes. Only thing flawed is you bring up it's not study level. No body asked or mentioned study level but you. Do you even own the plane? Never mind, I forgot. It's not study level. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Bickering aside, I've just done another successful flight in mine, and I enjoyed it very much. I find myself wondering why I waited so long to make the purchase, but I'm definitely glad I finally did.

- Aaron

12 hours ago, SimPilot221 said:

lack of realistic IRS alignment time

The alignment time is there, there is a config option to set this.  But yes by default the alignment time is short as it was felt most users would not want to wait out the realistic alignment time.

Edited by ErnieAlston

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

I've noticed these words - QW/PDMG/Price seems to stir a few people up on these forums lol.

Anyways I've got my Majestic Qantaslink Q400 (amazing aircraft) for my short flights which I can just jump on program and fly and I'll use the 787 as my mid to long haul.

I'll be starting off doing Jetstar - Cairns to Tokyo - Brisbane to Bali for a bit.  Routes I've flown on personally then maybe the epic Perth to London.

Should be grand.

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

FYI on Fselite it was stated that next update will bring the 787-10 as well as some fixes and improved displays. It "should" release during this summer.

I fly the QW787 on my home flight sim and I fly the B787 when I go to work. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. The QW787 gives me a feeling of immersion that is quite satisfying.  I especially have enjoyed using the iPad integration with the FMC. I have replicated many real world flights I have done with the QW787 and found them to more than close enough.

It's possible that my mind fills in any gaps in the simulation with my real world experience.  In any case, I never think to myself, “this doesn’t seem realistic” when I fly the QW, just the opposite.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 6

On 6/28/2019 at 8:57 AM, Ray Proudfoot said:

Matt, I agree that "study level" is a term that has come into use on AvSim to describe an aircraft that is modelled to the highest level possible within the limitations of the flight sim engine.

...which makes the A2A Cub* a study-level aircraft, which I have no problem with, but it's probably not what's in people's minds when they use the term. :smile:

(*Along with all A2A AccuSim aircraft.)

Edited by Holdit
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, scottsware said:

I fly the QW787 on my home flight sim and I fly the B787 when I go to work. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. The QW787 gives me a feeling of immersion that is quite satisfying.  I especially have enjoyed using the iPad integration with the FMC. I have replicated many real world flights I have done with the QW787 and found them to more than close enough.

It's possible that my mind fills in any gaps in the simulation with my real world experience.  In any case, I never think to myself, “this doesn’t seem realistic” when I fly the QW, just the opposite.

There you go, guys. Straight from the horse's mouth. If a real world 787 pilot can be impressed with the QW 787, then that's good enough for me.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

6 hours ago, scottsware said:

Should they improve the Level Change and VNAV reliability (LNAV would be a plus) and make the flight deck lighting realistic (using the correct knobs, etc) then it would be awesome. The WX radar is awful but they say it will be improved already.

• Like 1

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

6 hours ago, Holdit said:

...which makes the A2A Cub* a study-level aircraft, which I have no problem with, but it's probably not what's in people's minds when they use the term. :smile:

(*Along with all A2A AccuSim aircraft.)

Perhaps not but it still deserves the accolade if it's modelled as accurately as possible.

• Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

9 hours ago, Wanthuyr Filho said:

Should they improve the Level Change and VNAV reliability (LNAV would be a plus) and make the flight deck lighting realistic (using the correct knobs, etc) then it would be awesome. The WX radar is awful but they say it will be improved already.

Actually lighting is decent. I agree that the knobs aren't all working but you do get some flood and lights if you want too.

So I bought it but I can't even get it off the ground it keeps crashing to desktop. Reinstalled seems to be ok. On take off nearly stalled and crashed maybe issues with pre-flight? anyways I'm in the air.

Edited by VBHB

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

I have no problems with take off trim calculations in the QW787. Those issues are reserved for the CS757 :dry:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Strange I find the 787 to be extremely easy to fly upon takeoff. Did you correctly set throttles to toga? 

And yes CS757 is a death trap at takeoff.