Sign in to follow this  
X P Flyer

Many ICAO codes not recognized

I am practicing with the grammar helper and notice that many ICAO are not recognized correctly. I first tought it was my headphone mic not working correctly and bought a high end quality headset. 

Unfortunately, this did not solved the problem. As an example, when I read "Say weather at KSLC for <Callsign>, the Practice speech window will show Q instead of Kilo on many occasions. The same thing happens for many other letters  (Echo, Hotel,etc)

Am I missing something here ?

Edited by X P Flyer

The program should be able to easily recognize Kilo Sierra Lima Charlie.  It might not correctly recognize Kay Ess Ell Cee.

Have you done the speech training?  That helps most users having trouble with voice recognition.

If English is not your first language, there is an option in the Windows Language setup to "Recognize non-native accents for this language.  It's on the Speech tab of Time and Language in Windows 10 Settings.

Dave

I can launch the Pilot2Atc Language trainer but when I hit any of the two "Train" buttons, nothing happens. 

Since English is not my first language, I clicked the option "Recognize non-native accents for this language.

In order for the trainer to work, you must have US English set as the primary language for Windows.

On the Region & Language tab of the Time & Language Setup in Windows 10, select United States as the Country or region and English(United States) for the Windows Display Language.

Also, make sure the Speech Recognition installed icon (a microphone) shows up for English(United States) in the language lists and that English(United States) is the first language in the list.

In the P2A language trainer, click on one of the controllers in the left hand box and press the "Train" button that is in that box.  The other "Train" button is for personalized phrases and is rarely used.

Got it following VERY good advice

Problem solved at 90% I am left with Kilo that once in a while comes back as Q!

BTW, I just want to thank you for excellent client support.