Sign in to follow this  
MPL

R&D Presets Autogen released

1 hour ago, edpatino said:

Ah, Ok. Thanks for the information!, it really makes sense.

Cheers, Ed

..and it works too. I bought the RDP texture replacement and installed it the way that I described. Can't detect any problems. But with textures it is necessary to restart the sim when turning the addon package on or off in P3D Options->Add-ons.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 1

LORBY-SI

I have a feeling that I am talking with programmers.))

I am a simple user, I want to buy a finished product and fly. Maybe I'm wrong.

It's much easier for me to overwrite files.)

Best Regards

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

42 minutes ago, BMW969 said:

It's much easier for me to overwrite files.)

Right until you want to update P3D - or another product does the same thing (I really like those where you don't know that it is happening) - or you just want to disable the addon temporarily - or you don't like the addon and want to get rid of it - or...

Besides, the P3D specification says that a developer is not supposed to do this anymore. Disregarding the rules puts customers at risk (who usually have more than one addon).

Edit: think of it this way: if nothing else, this is a mark of poor product quality. The developer doesn't know about proper methodology, he doesn't even know that P3D V4 is a 64bit app which is not installed in Program Files (x86). What else don't they know? Do you really trust them to overwrite the correct files? Since I am a customer of this product too now, I think that I am allowed to voice my concerns. 

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 1

LORBY-SI

I really did not want to upset anyone, I like the product.

I did a benchmark performance test. The difference in FPS is not noticeable. I will try to attach the result.

I meant the convenience of switching. But this is not necessary, since everything is fine! I left 4K

Well, ORBX has just released its HD Global Buildings. Turning my head now into their FTX Central!.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

11 hours ago, BMW969 said:

1.jpg

Global Buildings HD

For comparison

1.jpg

Edited by BMW969

Wow they look nice.  Should work great with our new simwestSOCAL, which was just released.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

How did RDpresets launch their product in front of Orbx.  Did they know Orbx was launching soon? this is all super interesting to see competing products released in short time

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

10 hours ago, Skywolf said:

Did they know Orbx was launching soon?

Obviously yes.  ORBX was developing their product for more than two years and made recent announcements before its release.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Where are these Autogen textures from RDpresets? I see Liveries (no mention of building textures), a guide document, and the usual PTA and Tomato present.

The link in the OP message takes me only to that page with no building texture product mentioned anywhere!

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Guys - linking directly to the storefront is against AvsimTOS. If you go to the main site

http://www.rdpresets.com

and click on rdpresets autogen you can add it to your cart.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Thanks, everybody for the positive comments.

It's our first 'real' add-on (Because the RDPresets guide was more of a side product). So we are doing our best to please everybody and improve in all the areas we can.

There will be more things coming from RD in the future (Payware and freeware). We are currently working on the update for Autogen so it will support the XML method of installation. There were issues with this type of addon using the XML method before release, this is the reason why we did not include this method of installing in V1.0.

Again, Thanks everybody for the support and the positive and negative feedback!

Robin

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1