Sign in to follow this  
Wise87

LatinVFR Miami v5 for P3D4.4+ is out

3 hours ago, LVFRicardo said:

If you bought from our store you do get the discount, email us and we sort it out for you.

Thanks I will send you an email and thank you for responding and just to let you know that I bought it before April 1st.  I have version 3 and 4

Edited by Manny Ortiz

Cheers, Manny Ortiz

Just finished my first flight in, landing runway was 09 and i was approaching from the Atlantic so i had the chance for a good overfly of downtown/Miami Beach.  I really like the new buildings/photo real, makes for a great background for the approach.  Certainly happy with the update here!

Edited by regis9
  • Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I'm not convinced from this new version. PBR is nice, but I see a lot of flickering/jaggies at PBR buildings with my "3K" monitor and 4xSSAA (in P3D). I will probably need to force SGSS AA via NV inspector.

Compared to other Developers who also use 29Palms Configurators this one seems pretty useless - not much to choose or deactivate. Fine tuning visuals/performance is not possible.

I can only hope for some (free!) updates in near future.

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

2 hours ago, Nemo said:

I'm not convinced from this new version. PBR is nice, but I see a lot of flickering/jaggies at PBR buildings with my "3K" monitor and 4xSSAA (in P3D). I will probably need to force SGSS AA via NV inspector.

Compared to other Developers who also use 29Palms Configurators this one seems pretty useless - not much to choose or deactivate. Fine tuning visuals/performance is not possible.

Hi, we would like the feedback, and we wish to ask what would you like to select/unselect on the configurator?

2 hours ago, Nemo said:

I had similar issues, but turning Dynamic Reflections to low made it look better.  To be fair to LatinVFR they do recommend this setting in the manual.  I also haven't noticed any performance impact with this setting.

• Like 1

Alan

7 minutes ago, LVFRicardo said:

Hi, we would like the feedback, and we wish to ask what would you like to select/unselect on the configurator?

To be fair, Nemo has complained about other scenery as well. He has major issues with  imaginsim’s WSSS where I have zero issues.

i purchased v5 and like it generally. Not so sure about the aircraft textures but the rest is good imo. 

• Like 1

Regards

Barra

i7 7700K, 16GB 3200MHz DDR4, GTX1070 OC 8GB, 1TB Samsung SSD for OS and P3D4.4, W10 64Bit, Corsair H115i Water Cooling

39 minutes ago, barramundilure said:

To be fair, Nemo has complained about other scenery as well. He has major issues with  imaginsim’s WSSS where I have zero issues.

i purchased v5 and like it generally. Not so sure about the aircraft textures but the rest is good imo. 

Thank you, actually feedback on the aircraft textures has been similar, so we will take a look at that too.

Edited by DanMorera

What about pcaviator? I bought my version v4 there and i can't find a version v5/discounted update there yet. Will it be available there too?

Regards,
Chris Volle

i7700k @ 4,7, 32gb ram, Win10, MSI GTX1070.

5 hours ago, barramundilure said:

That has nothing to with it. With WSSS I had CTDs here it is about AA issues.

Meanwhile I have a very clean system (Windows + P3D). After having installed some ORBX, FlyTampa and FlightBeam airports, KMIA is the first airport from another producer. I have not any issue, neither in performance nor in visuals, only KMIAv5 shows antialiasing issues (shimmering/flickering). I think it is PBR related and it maybe also related to my monitor display (3440x1440) which has less dpi as a true 4K display. With 8xSSAA (in P3D) the issue is still there but not so prominent. I will continue some testing and report back.

Report back: With NVI 4xSGSS being set in NVI, the AA issue is gone. If somebody wants to compare, go to gate J9 or J7 and look to the left side. The big "MIAMI" letters were flickering/shimmering wildly. I've also noticed this at other buildings (mainly between the floors of the building) and at some other objects. Now with 4xSGSS the issue is barely noticeable.

Edited by Nemo
Report back

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

My feedback: I wish these sceneries were made in a way that doesn't force the activation of Dynamic Reflections, or have an extra set of textures for the ones not using this "feature".

Edited by Wanthuyr Filho

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

7 hours ago, LVFRicardo said:

I would like to see an option we’re I can turn off Dynamic Lights and just use FX lights at the airport. Many Devs give us this option to save on performance at night.  

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

6 hours ago, Wanthuyr Filho said:

My feedback: I wish these sceneries were made in a way that doesn't force the activation of Dynamic Reflections, or have an extra set of textures for the ones not using this "feature".

Hi, you can use it without Dynamic reflections, just that the default environment map will show.

9 hours ago, Chrjs said:

What about pcaviator? I bought my version v4 there and i can't find a version v5/discounted update there yet. Will it be available there too?

Yes, we expect they do have it by this coming monday or Tuesday.

5 hours ago, Wise87 said:

I would like to see an option we’re I can turn off Dynamic Lights and just use FX lights at the airport. Many Devs give us this option to save on performance at night.  

Actually you can turn off dynamic lights in the scenery display options. I am aware of giving other options. KMIA v4 gives those options.

14 hours ago, LVFRicardo said:

Hi, you can use it without Dynamic reflections, just that the default environment map will show.

Unfortunately at KMSY the appearance of those objects gets very ugly, like a molten metallic painting.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

12 hours ago, Wanthuyr Filho said:

Unfortunately at KMSY the appearance of those objects gets very ugly, like a molten metallic painting.

Yes, like I mentioned before, having this setting at "low' won't impact performance, and even at "medium" it shouldn't.

51 minutes ago, LVFRicardo said:

Yes, like I mentioned before, having this setting at "low' won't impact performance, and even at "medium" it shouldn't.

In my case it makes things worse, I run at 4k resolution and the video card won't handle it smoothly.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho