Sign in to follow this  
Wise87

LatinVFR Miami v5 for P3D4.4+ is out

Took the new KMIA for a test drive, and I'm loving the PBR and extended modeling of the city. I greatly appreciated it when airports com with cities. To me it really makes a world of difference. Well worth the upgrade fee for me! I will say that some of the taxiway lines remain a little sloppy here and there, and I wish there'd be more attention to such details.

2019-6-30_21-49-47-574.thumb.jpg.e5ef87a18571fd5e59a9787e3f359d02.jpg

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Same happens to others, especially SCEL. The lines really need correction.

Edited by Wanthuyr Filho

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

1 hour ago, Wanthuyr Filho said:

Same happens to others, especially SCEL. The lines really need correction.

I agree, looking at some screenshots but also the rest of the LatinVFR products that I have, the connection of taxilines is not smooth like in real life. It would be great if LatinVFR could look into this very important detail. Their new ground texturing is amazing but the taxi line connections areas needs fixing, the connections need to be smooth transitions and have start and stop points.

Edited by Daedalus
  • Upvote 1

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

13 minutes ago, Daedalus said:

I agree, looking at some screenshots but also the rest of the LatinVFR products that I have, the connection of taxilines is not smooth like in real life. It would be great if LatinVFR could look into this very important detail. Their new ground texturing is amazing but the taxi line connections areas needs fixing, the connections need to be smooth transitions and have start and stop points.

Youre quite right, this has been been a pervasive issue with LatinVFR sceneries that have existed from the early beginnings. While overall the sceneries have become better by leaps and bounds from the early days, it’s this kind of detail that has lagged behind the rest. Not to detract from a scenery that otherwise is very well done and sold for an agreeable price, but I wish perhapsna few days extra were spent on the development of the groundpoly to mitigate this issue with abrupt and wavy taxi lines.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

10 hours ago, Daedalus said:

I agree, looking at some screenshots but also the rest of the LatinVFR products that I have, the connection of taxilines is not smooth like in real life. It would be great if LatinVFR could look into this very important detail. Their new ground texturing is amazing but the taxi line connections areas needs fixing, the connections need to be smooth transitions and not have start and stop points.

Correction: The connections need to be smooth transitions and not have start and stop points.

Edited by Daedalus

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

Updated to the latest version (after removing V4) and placed a PMDG 747 in the cargo area (all items ticked in the config file) and the fps were 10 which made it unusable for me. Unticked all items that had nothing to do with the airport and the fps were 16, which is usable. I'll have to play around with settings to try and improve fps. Test was done with Megascenery Florida and without adding Miami City by DD.

The airport looks nice, but also i would like to point out the overlapping and disconected taxi lines around the airport, I also have fairly higher end system and the performance at the airport is kinda not great. Not unusable like the gentelman said before me, just not great. 

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

1 hour ago, Johnny19 said:

The airport looks nice, but also i would like to point out the overlapping and disconected taxi lines around the airport, I also have fairly higher end system and the performance at the airport is kinda not great. Not unusable like the gentelman said before me, just not great. 

So have we gone backwards in performance and it is worse than the prior version?

1 hour ago, Johnny19 said:

We will take more closer look at the taxilines, thank you for the feedback.

In regards to performance, have you folks taken a look at the manual regarding the tips for better performance?

1 hour ago, Bigt said:

So have we gone backwards in performance and it is worse than the prior version?

It is far, by far superior than v2 that i bought back in a day

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

18 minutes ago, LVFRicardo said:

We will take more closer look at the taxilines, thank you for the feedback.

In regards to performance, have you folks taken a look at the manual regarding the tips for better performance?

Thanks for pointing out the documentation, 'cause i haven't read it :(

Ivan Majetic

1 hour ago, Bigt said:

No way! I'm locked at 30 and the sim is smooth. I'm shocked to read that some are having fps issues on this latest version. I have a 2600K & GTX 1070 and settings are very dense across the board. This is the best rendition of KMIA available.

For those with lower than expected fps, back up your cfg,delete it, then let P3d create a new one. Clear your shaders and see if that improves your performance.

• Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

59 minutes ago, Johnny19 said:

Thanks for pointing out the documentation, 'cause i haven't read it 😞

PBR materials could cause performance issues on certain systems. Most of the people who beta tested KMIAv5 did not have issues, a very few number of them did, and it was because systems were a bit on the 'low' end and when mixed with AI traffic, high display settings and high depth aircraft it brought low FPS in certain cases.

But there are ways to actually have all of that without affecting enjoyment of KMIA and of the other elements such as high depth aircraft.

For example, in my case where I have a medium range system, I have shadows on, dynamic reflections at medium, Autogen at DENSE, but have water reflections off except for clouds, AI traffic at 100%, AA at 4MSAA etc. I get very good performance at KMIAv5 with for example PMDG777 etc.

So take a look at the manual and in there you will find 'ideal' settings which you can try in the event you have low FPS.

This version of KMIA we did almost twice the amount of textures, we did a lot of 4K textures, a lot of polygons, and took advantage significantly of the 64 bit environment and the latest available technology. So some people who had good performance in KMIAv4 might not have as good performance in V5, unless they revise certain settings and unpick certain scenery elements.

Edited by DanMorera
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Well, i have a high end pc (4.8 GHZ I7700K, GTX1070 OC etc.) and every scenery works fine for me. But KMIA v5 has not a good performance on my system! I tried everything (disable static aircraft etc.) but my system is not able to handle this scenery... hmm.

3 hours ago, maukro_1990 said:

Well, i have a high end pc (4.8 GHZ I7700K, GTX1070 OC etc.) and every scenery works fine for me. But KMIA v5 has not a good performance on my system! I tried everything (disable static aircraft etc.) but my system is not able to handle this scenery... hmm.

Hi, have you tried reading the manual in regards to performance? and if so have you tried any of the recommended settings?