Sign in to follow this  
Wise87

LatinVFR Miami v5 for P3D4.4+ is out

New Update is out. 

Miami KMIA for P3dv4 version 5, updated to 5.1

Before installing this new version please make sure you uninstall fully KMIA v5.0. To find the uninstaller go to p3d/latinvfr/Miami_KMIAv5 folder.

Thanks to all who provided feedback on KMIA. Because of that, we made better many things:

1- Added missing autogen textures, those who did not have a previous version of KMIA, were seeing black textures.
2- Fixed flickering on some ground areas of KMIA.
3- Added ‘static’ runway hold lights, with no animations as an option on the scenery configurator, users will have two options, static and animated. The static will be the default option when installing.
4- Reduced metallic/chrome on static aircraft.
5- Fixed issue where the taxi lights became a bit red when on final approach to KMIA.
6- Fixed photo scenery around the Key Biscayne, Virginia Key area where it looked black/dark.
7- Added rain puddles as an optional item on the scenery configurator. (not because of performance).
8- Fixed some duplicate parking in the AFX file and modified radius on some cargo parking.
9- Filled gaps on the rain activated PBR polys.
10- Among other small fixes…

• Like 2

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

I haven't updated yet; still on v5.  But when I pulled into jetway today (I believe it was E25) I got an error message "No Sode Jetways".  However, when I checked the folder for sode, the appropriate folders where in both the scenery and xml folders.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

The KMIAv5 uninstaller does not work.It is directing to the KMSY folder. I had to uninstall it manually.

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

... and I wish I could deactivate PBR for buildings. It produces too much shimmering on my display.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

5 hours ago, Nemo said:

The KMIAv5 uninstaller does not work.It is directing to the KMSY folder. I had to uninstall it manually.

That is an issue with all of the uninstallers.  What I find seems to work OK.  Direct the uninstaller to folder MIA is located.  Follow the steps to uninstall and then just manually delete all the folders.  But...who knows.

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

5 hours ago, Nemo said:

Hi, we fixed this actually, the latest uninstaller has it. But in reality that was just a 'reference' that was kept by mistake but did not actually 'direct' to the KMSY folder. We tested the uninstaller before we released it and it did its job of removing KMIAv4/5 as was intended. Our apologies for that confusion.

5 hours ago, Nemo said:

... and I wish I could deactivate PBR for buildings. It produces too much shimmering on my display.

Hi, what exactly causes shimmering ? and is it during specific time of the day when the sun is pointing towards the object?

8 hours ago, LVFRicardo said:

Hi, what exactly causes shimmering ? and is it during specific time of the day when the sun is pointing towards the object?

Thanks for asking. I'll try to describe the issue as good as possible.

1. I think it is an Antialiasing issue, because I'm able to reduce the flickering/shimmering when I activate SparseGridSuperSampling AA via Nvidia Inspector. Normally I've set 4xSSAA within P3D settings. I don't have issues like this at other HQ (PBR) airports.

2. It occurs mainly at (reflecting) horizontal surfaces at some objects.

3. Dynamic Reflections (P3D) has no effect (neither positive nor negative).

4. Daytime/Sun direction has some effect. At early Morning or late Afternoon some verticak surfaces are flickering/shimmering too.

5. It depends on the angle of view to some degree.

Some examples where the issue occurs most: Concourse J (inner side) KMIA big letters, Skytrain boundary walls, container objects (DHL hangar), .... It occurs also very pronounced at some non-airport buildings close to runway 27 (left hand buildings, lower window frames), end of taxiway S towards RW 9 (right hand buildings).

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

Just upgraded it at simmarket and indeed the KMSY is a weird one.

Otherwise i am looking forward to try it out with DD Miami CityX (BAW207). I disabled the city in the config ?

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

2 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

try it out with DD Miami CityX

Do they have such a thing for P3D?

- Aaron

7 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

Just upgraded it at simmarket and indeed the KMSY is a weird one.

Otherwise i am looking forward to try it out with DD Miami CityX (BAW207). I disabled the city in the config ?

Thanks

Michael Moe

I have DD Miami City X and LVFR KMIA v5 (w/city/buildings installed), and I've simply used Lorby Addon Organizer to change scenery order. I've tried DD Miami as top priority, and also LVFR Miami as top priority, and I think I prefer LVFR Miami buildings. If there are conflicts with both product's buildings installed and active I haven't found them...but then I haven't scoured the area with a fine-toothed comb to check for conflicts.

Bottom line: as far as I can tell, having both scenery's buildings active doesn't cause issues, and I can switch back and forth by changing scenery layering.

Kind Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

Regarding the city scenery around: I had DD Miami X  before, but I must say, the LVFR city package looks better in combination with the airport. The buildings look better and the textures load faster and the DD ground textures also look better (not so bright). Well done, Ricardo, thanks! 

• Like 1

Just bought Miami v5, thanks to the video produced by the AviationLads. You guys should let them take your screen/promotional shots since they seem very dark and somewhat gloomy.

Now for suggested fixes...brighter lighting at night, both Tomato Shade presets were too dark (includes the AviationLads preset which are usually brighter) Does Miami have green tinted windows, that's all I see?

Btw when is PC Aviator(US) getting version 5.1...received 5.0 as of 7/07.

Many thanks, Darryl

• Like 1

On 7/6/2019 at 10:58 PM, somiller said:

I have DD Miami City X and LVFR KMIA v5 (w/city/buildings installed), and I've simply used Lorby Addon Organizer to change scenery order. I've tried DD Miami as top priority, and also LVFR Miami as top priority, and I think I prefer LVFR Miami buildings. If there are conflicts with both product's buildings installed and active I haven't found them...but then I haven't scoured the area with a fine-toothed comb to check for conflicts.

Bottom line: as far as I can tell, having both scenery's buildings active doesn't cause issues, and I can switch back and forth by changing scenery layering.

Kind Regards,

You could have both. When you activate our downtown buildings you also activate excludes which would remove certain buildings, but not all. So if you have both in certain areas you might just have double buildings, but the significant and most important buildings in the Miami area we did, have excludes because the stock or default area of KMIA had some buildings.

DD's Miami city X is great, however we needed to actually offer a bit more to our customers, and I think the majority of which did not have DD's Miami city installed. One thing for sure is that our Miami city has all buildings that are 2019 built. One thing I noticed about Miami is despite me moving out a couple of years back, the development of buildings and high rises has accelerated to a point on which I was myself amazed by the amount of new high rises. Which we included in KMIAv5 🙂

Edited by DanMorera