Sign in to follow this  
ducaud

I9-9900K vs I9-9900KS Question

Hello,

I am planning on upgrading my current system for Prepar3d V4.5

I currrently have a I7-4790K in an ASUS VII Hero. It has been working pretty decently and with tiple 2k, 32 inch monitors set at 30HZ. it is giving me smooth 29-32 FPS, with the exception of shearing/ghosting  at major airports, and all airports in the southern UK area.

My question is related to the newly announced I9-9900KS  CPU. 

I believe that the main difference between the K and the KS is that the K can only operate one core at 5.0 GHZ while the KS can have all cores operating at 5.0 GHZ.

My question is, and considering that Prepar 3d mostly uses the first core, is it worth it to wait for the KS considering that it will cost somewhat more than the K version.

Will the faster speed of the other cores bring any benefit?

Thanks

Juan

You will need not only the CPU, but also new motherboard, RAM and possibly GPU for this system to reach it's full potential.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Thanks Jude,

Yes,  I know that I need a new motherboard as the I9-9900K needs an 1151 socket , so I was thinking in upgrading to the ASUX hero X1, and also DDR4 memory. In regards to the GPU, it can wait for the time being, as I have a GE Force 1080 TI with 11GB with liquid cooler.

Regards,

Juan

Wait for the Ryzen 3000-series reviews before buying a new pc.

• Upvote 1

I support Montie's statement very strongly.