Sign in to follow this  
Lorby_SI

FireFigtherX 1.87 released

Hello @ll,

A small update for FireFighter X has been released:

• You can now fly "lead / birddog" for the AI: you can direct AI firefighters to follow your own aircraft and instruct them to drop retardant on a fire or a specific location. Please note that they are still AI - so they will try to follow your flight path to the best of their abilities, under simulator control (which means, they are not "locked" to your aircraft in any way, they still have a mind of their own).
  • The issue in P3D 4.x where FPS would plummet when using Bambi Buckets on AI helicopters has been resolved.

The update has been uploaded to the shops just now. Please allow for a couple of days until they deploy it.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 2

LORBY-SI

Glad you could fix that bambi bug. Was it fixed by a work around or did LM sort it out in 4.5?

Regards glider

3 hours ago, glider1 said:

Was it fixed by a work around or did LM sort it out in 4.5?

Hi,

no, it was a simple programming error, caused by the workaround when the attached objects didn't keep their position anymore (that bug was introduced in P3D 4.4 and was fixed in 4.5, but the work around in FFX is still active - I can't be sure that people aren't using 4.4 ). The translucent disk in the bucket (that shows the fill level) was created numerous times, and after a while it became too much for the simulator to handle all those objects. Now it is only created once as it should be. 

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 1

LORBY-SI

Oliver,

I'm having issues forwarding the port on this one. also when I attempt to do a multiplayer event my P3D V4 freezes until I close firefighter X completely. 

Please walk me thru this again. 

Thanks

Capt. Robert Rixx

Hello Robert,

last change to the FFX network protocol was in October 2017. Something else must be going on here. Please send me a email with details (computers, sims, aircraft involved - anything you can think of). Also look for FFX logfiles

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Oliver,

Figured it our. I forgotten I got a new gateway from my ISP  4 months ago. portforwarding was Disabled as default on it

Thanks

Robert

Capt. Robert Rixx

Oh boy! Birddog now being simulated! 

I have to test right away when I am home!

Thank you Oliver for pushing this marvelous addon even further!