Sign in to follow this  
AndrejS

A2A Piper cub & P3d v4

I know, A2A Cub isn't meant for P3d and despite that, i bought it yesterday. It almost does the job (ok, fxs.cfg cannot be found) but it lacks the ability to fly with full throttle. If the motor is working (better check for the condition and overhaul it) on anything lower than full throttle, everything is ok, but the moment you go full throttle, motor breaks (and after 20+ seconds shuts down) and needs an overhaul (which can be done in the air??). Could this be happening because of the missing config file, where one property - max throttle, is missing? Has someone been able to overcome this and now flies without thinking where the throttle limit is?

Win 7 Home (SP1), i7 2600@3.4, RAM 16gb, gtx 1080 Ti, ssd disks, DELL U2715H

P3d ver 4.5.12.30293, TrackIr v5, T16000M + TWCS

I tried to hassle in into working in Ver. 3xx, it's certainly not going to work in ver. 4

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Yeah, but besides that, everything else is ok, right? Anyway, p3d version of Cub can be expected soon. Is there someone out there that uses Cub in fsx? Maybe, you can share the fsx.cfg file so i can check what is there that could be Cub related? 

I remember I had a similar problem with a Carenado aircraft and solved it by changing the realism setting to "ignore crashes and damage". As in your case, everything worked fine but throttles went to idle and then engines shut off after about 20 seconds 

Thanks for the suggestion, i'll try this today, when i'll have some spare time. And it somehow complies with the missing max throttle setting. If you go over, engine breaks, but if you set the program to ignore damage, then it doesn't react and keeps going....

I'll report in the evening and i'll also check the engine for max revs. 

Ok, changing "ignore chrases.." doesn't help either, it just shuts down. 

And now the facts from the manual : 

By “Common Sense” we mean:

• Allow your engine to warm up before applying power
  • Only use full power when you absolutely need it

Knowing this, the plane is actually doing what's supposed to do. When you rev the engine beyond the red line, it's still ok, as long as you stay under 2900rpm. When the needle touches 2900, engines status starts deteriorating rapidly from Excelent-Good-Fair-Poor-Very poor to the final stage Needs overhaul where engine shuts down. And if you ask me, that's how it should perform since it's a very basic and ancient plane. Ok, i don't understand, why the red line is set so low (2400 from the available 3600) but i guess that's how the plane is set. And i don't think it will be any different in the p3d version. 

Edited by AndrejS