Sign in to follow this  
ZAmil517

Something drag my fps back to 23!!! Really need discussion

Hi guys,,,

Specs: i7 9700K 4.8Ghz, RTX2080, 16GB 3600Mhz.

In quick takeoff's (TESTING's when installing a new addon) around the UK2000 Heathrow i was getting a 35 Fps with smoothness that make P3D flows like a water in heavy situation. I was really impressed.

Today i decided to make a flight, not in a heavy senario, it was from Tunis zarzes (Aerosoft) to Malpensa (Aerosoft as well) untill i noticed a strange behavior, is that something pushing my fps back to 20s !!!!! This was in preflight preparation, after takeoff, and even in cruising somewhere above italy where really nothing concern that FPS loss!! In between there was intermittent good FPS around 60FPS before this FPS draging back comes again..

I told myself that the aircraft on its cruising with autopilot, lets decrease the sliders/switching off the settings one by one in attempt to detect where that impact come from, imaging that the FPS goes to 250FPS and down back to 22FPS!!!!

Its really something wrong especially with kind of hardware specs.

Addons used during this flight: PMDG777/REX SKY FORCE/ACTIVESKY P3DV4/ORBX BASE, VECTOR,EUROPOPENCL/GSX LVL2/PRO ATC X/ULTIMATE REAL TRAFFIC/CHASE PLANE/TERRAFLORA TREES (All these addons is up to date).

P3D Settings in short: Graphics: 1080i/UNL FPS/ 4XSMAA/ VSync set to on with triple buff.

Senery: World sliders set at dense except draw distance set to ultra.

Win10 latest update/P3Dv4.5 latest update/NVIDIA DRIVER latest update.

Note: ive used a small 1080p 12 inch screen to using PFPX and the other background programs, not to extend my P3D view.

Note2: sometimes the loading times becomes too long.

Could someone tells me whats wrong!!

Edited by ZAmil517

This is painfully time consuming however....I'd suggest  deleting your config file and shaders folders, starting the sim without any addon's active and fly a test flight.

Turn on one addon at a time flying the same test flight. Note the results. Continue adding each addon and see what eventuates and hopefully you will discover what might be the cause.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

A lot of addons... :wink:

This is what most of us using, could u plz share your addons, settings and your PC specs ?!

6 hours ago, YMMB said:

This is painfully time consuming however....I'd suggest  deleting your config file and shaders folders, starting the sim without any addon's active and fly a test flight.

Turn on one addon at a time flying the same test flight. Note the results. Continue adding each addon and see what eventuates and hopefully you will discover what might be the cause.

If i delete my cfg, what of my add-ons need to be added again in my newly created cfg ??

SSD or hdd?

if you delete cfg, I think as you select say an add on aircraft, it will ask you if you want to add the dll’s into the ‘trusted’ part of the cfg. That’s all. I think. Wait for conformation by someone who has more knowledge.

Luke Pype

2 hours ago, MaDDogz said:

SSD or hdd?

if you delete cfg, I think as you select say an add on aircraft, it will ask you if you want to add the dll’s into the ‘trusted’ part of the cfg. That’s all. I think. Wait for conformation by someone who has more knowledge.

SSD for OS.

HDD for P3D.

Why u ask ?!

Edited by ZAmil517

23 hours ago, ZAmil517 said:

If i delete my cfg, what of my add-ons need to be added again in my newly created cfg ??

In my case it didn't effect anything.  Just to be safe rename your Prepar3D.cfg to maybe something like Prepar3D.Original and then let it recreate, if you have an issue you can always rename the original after deleting the newer config file.

20 hours ago, ZAmil517 said:

SSD for OS.

HDD for P3D.

Why u ask ?!

Well, going from 250 FPS to 22 and sometimes long loading times would suggest either anti virus scanning hdd, some background process going on or possibly hdd beginning to fail.

have you investigated these possibilities?

Luke Pype

6 hours ago, MaDDogz said:

Well, going from 250 FPS to 22 and sometimes long loading times would suggest either anti virus scanning hdd, some background process going on or possibly hdd beginning to fail.

have you investigated these possibilities?

1/  i use windows 10 antivirus, is it make any performance impact !!??

2/ In relation to HDD, how to check if it have any problem causes this issue, i mean is there any application that detect the hdd dysfunctions !!?

!!!!

Edited by ZAmil517