Sign in to follow this  
DaveCT2003

Making Things Better Here

During the past month or so there have been some people here at AVSIM who are overly eager to take or make things personal, or are always waiting in the wings to tell someone / anyone else that they're wrong and then belittle them, and still others who have made it clear that they simply hate developers and will go so far as to make misleading and even blatantly false statements about a product (I'm not talking about my products), and even some who will bash a product even though they've clearly stated they don't own it!  Off the rails and out of control.

All of this is creating a very toxic environment in too many different threads on AVSIM, and I shouldn't have to point out the many, MANY ways this hurts the AVSIM community, the broader Flight Sim community, and our hobby as a whole. Certainly there are some among us who couldn't care a less about the damage they are doing to us all and our hobby.

To make matters even worse, I've seen new or infrequent AVSIM users start to follow the example set by these negative and toxic members, and when that happens everyone should realize it's gone WAY too far.

For the good of everyone and our hobby, we all need to take a step back and remind ourselves that if we aren't actively part of the solution then we are part of the problem.

The good news is that together we can easily solve 80% of the problem by remembering to always be respectful of everyone here.  If we can all do that one thing, then we will have changed our collective coarse back towards a warmer and friendlier climate.

To wrap this up let me say to everyone that the most important member in our community is the newest member, and those with knowledge and experience should serve as positive role models for our newer members. At least this is something that I do my very best to remember and work with every single day.

Many thanks for your time, and my very wishes to each of you.

Edited by DaveCT2003
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Well said and understand our Admins and Moderators are doing all we can to extinguish these spot fires. If you feel that something has gone off rail please use the report function and we will be on it. 

Thanks. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

1 hour ago, 188AHC said:

Well said and understand our Admins and Moderators are doing all we can to extinguish these spot fires. If you feel that something has gone off rail please use the report function and we will be on it. 

Thanks. 

You guys are doing a terrific job Rick.  But as a long time mod at another popular/important flight sim site and a former AVSIM mod, I know there is only so much mods can do to turn things around. It takes a village!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Yep and thanks. 

With the new MSFS announcement our load increased exponentially. All is good though. We have a great team. 

• Like 1

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals