Sign in to follow this  
PBest

Help please Install FSX into New Install Win10 Pro 64

Hi guys

Would appreciate any assistance. Just tried to install FSX from DVD into Win10 Pro 64bit. I started the install by clicking setup (run as administrator) the disc spun up but almost immediately got a error message -" 1607 unable to install installShield Scripting Runtime" any suggestions??

Cheers Pete

Win 10 Pro 64bit - CPU Intel i7 9700K 5.1GHz - Cooler Noctua NH-D15 - MoBo Asus Z390 Aorus Master - RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32Gb (2x16Gb) DDR4 2800 15-15-15-35 - GPU Asus Cerberus GTX 1070Ti - A8Gb - Drives 3 x 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro M2 NvMe

How about this 

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Hi Jude - Thanks for such a quick response. I'll get on my bike and let you know how I go. Cheers Pete

Win 10 Pro 64bit - CPU Intel i7 9700K 5.1GHz - Cooler Noctua NH-D15 - MoBo Asus Z390 Aorus Master - RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V Series 32Gb (2x16Gb) DDR4 2800 15-15-15-35 - GPU Asus Cerberus GTX 1070Ti - A8Gb - Drives 3 x 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro M2 NvMe

No way!  The one and only Pete Best??  Thought you shoved off of this mortal coil?  Thought I'd better throw in a "Hey Jude".:biggrin:

index.jpeg

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

the one and only - Shame I didn't hang in there eh? cheers

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, PBest said:

Hi guys

Would appreciate any assistance. Just tried to install FSX from DVD into Win10 Pro 64bit. I started the install by clicking setup (run as administrator) the disc spun up but almost immediately got a error message -" 1607 unable to install installShield Scripting Runtime" any suggestions??

Cheers Pete

Hey Pete,

Unless you're using one of the very few addons that doesn't work with FSX Steam Edition (FSX:SE), I'd recommend you use FSX:SE as it's far better optimized than the disk version.  Install is also a breeze.  One can often find FSX:SE on sale for only $5 USD.

Best wishes my friend.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Hi Dave

thanks for the heads up - I hadn't considered the Steam version as I thought that once installed you were tied to steam. I wanted a stand alone that I can use if the internet is down which happens here more than I would like. I have managed to install FSX and run it however after installing the acceleration pack I don't seem to be able to get to the activation screen to insert the key? One other issue do you have any idea where I could download FSX service pack 1 as microsoft no longer offer it as a download. Maybe thats another reason to have a look at the steam version?? Cheers Pete

5 hours ago, PBest said:

Hi Dave

thanks for the heads up - I hadn't considered the Steam version as I thought that once installed you were tied to steam. I wanted a stand alone that I can use if the internet is down which happens here more than I would like. I have managed to install FSX and run it however after installing the acceleration pack I don't seem to be able to get to the activation screen to insert the key? One other issue do you have any idea where I could download FSX service pack 1 as microsoft no longer offer it as a download. Maybe thats another reason to have a look at the steam version?? Cheers Pete

Don’t think you need the service packs if you have acceleration.

to register the key code for acc

Luke Pype

Hi MaDDogs -Thanks mate you are a lifesaver. Didn't have much hair to begin with this morning and expected to be totally bald by the morning - till you stepped up to the plate - now I can move on to the re-download of all my Orbx products originally bought through the FSStore 😞. Cheers Pete

No worries Pete 😎 had it myself.

theres a thread on here if you haven’t seen it, about transferring your purchases from FSS to ‘somewhere’ as FSS is closing (?) just a heads up

Luke Pype

I just googled the service packs and found a link to the Microsoft download center that has them.

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

I too got that same activation error. I was suspicious because I wasn't asked for the validation key when I installed Acceleration like I was for the main FSX install. So I stumbled onto this post, which was immensely helpful in pointing me to the right solution, but there is a small issue with the video. When the poster who supplied that handy video read off the number we need look for under the Class section in the registry, it sounded like he said "E" instead of "D" in the first set of numbers. After further searching, because I swear I hear an "E" and thus couldn't find the number, I found the correct path and I'm posting it for others if they don't want to get frustrated trying to transcribe the number from the audio on the video. I found that my entry was listed as partmgr, no caps for the "P" and the "M", hence the error.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\CONTROL\CLASS\{4D36E967-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Edited by tunnelcat
  • Upvote 1