Sign in to follow this  
Noel

Green ATIS Text Bar

Guest EdrickV

In FSX, please move the green ATIS text bar down below the full Shift+Z output. (Which on my screen takes up 2 lines.) It's such a little thing, but is one of my pet peeves with FS2004/2002 because the position of that bar is not even saved in your flight files.And yeah, there are other things I'd like (proper AI float planes...) but this is something that shouldn't be all that hard to do yet probably hasn't been mentioned before. :)"Let me help you out. You're cleared to taxi any way you can to any runway you see."

Guest EdrickV

In this case it should be just a matter of changing the default x,y coordinates used to place the green text bar. (Which is user movable, but it's position doesn't get saved in .flt files, only in memory unlike other settings like modified view settings.) It's not really a new feature, just a slight relocation of an existing UI element. I am something of a programmer myself."Let me help you out. You're cleared to taxi any way you can to any runway you see."

How many FS programmers does it take to move the ATIS bar?

LOL!

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

>>Every time I read the words "This shouldn't be at all hard>to>>do", I stop reading and move on.>>Point well taken, however in this particular case it should>not take more than say ... 15 minutes ;)Evidently you're unfamiliar with the concept of "cascading effects..." What may seem like a "trivial change" will ultimately cascade into other areas, which in turn will have to be changed, which ultimately cascade into yet more areas, which will then require change as well......ad infinitum, ad absurdum...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest tdragger

Actually it does get saved in the flight file. Just move and size it the way you want and save the flight. If you open the .FLT file in Notepad you should see something like this:"Message Window" <- this is actually in square bracketsUndocked=FalseScreenUniCoords=528, 3950, 7240, 765UndocCoords=0, 0, 0, 0These are the settings for the ATIS window. You'll get these settings when you load the flight and they will be maintained as long as you don't load another flight that overrides them. You can copy them to other flight files if you want to use them everywhere or simply delete them from flight files to use whatever's currently set.There does appear to be a bug in FS2004 where these are overridden if you load the flight from the main UI but if you use the Flight | Load Flight menu in game it appears to work.

Guest GA Flyer

So Tdragger did that take less than 15 mins and how many people/programmers? :)Jack

> Evidently you're unfamiliar with the concept of "cascading effects..." What may seem like a "trivial change" > will ultimately cascade into other areas, which in turn will have to be changed, which ultimately cascade into yet > more areas, which will then require change as well...> ...ad infinitum, ad absurdum...Evidently your unfamilar with FLT files, as a simple change in there gives the desired result in less than a minute.

Bill,Evidently you are unfamiliar with something that is called "structured" programming or object oriented programming. In a well written software moving (x,y) of a simple display box should have no cascading effect of any kind, it could only possibly happen on a crappy software - I trust that FS doesn't belong to this category.Michael J.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/pmdg_744F.jpghttp://sales.hifisim.com/pub-download/asv6-banner-beta.jpg