Sign in to follow this  
Dio

Will we have to buy every add on we use again?

I have a strange feeling that we have to buy all our addons again,,, plus a new PC ( i have watched the trailer, this can't be happening....😲)

If they go to a new graphics engine, we most likely will. The beauty is that no one will force you to move to the new sim or make you delete your old one so you'll be able to continue to use your addons. I'm looking forward to moving to an up to date graphics engine.

• Like 5

NAX669.png

I have purchased new hardware for pretty much every past release of Microsoft Flight Simulator, so this would be no different..

• Like 1

Bert

I'm OK with that. I'm not a fan of having to buy new addons for a .point changes in the same sim.  But, in this case, that is OK and I'm hoping that more is included in the base sim to make all the add ons less necessary.  I don't want to be able to use my old FSX/P3D stuff as that would be a sign that too much legacy stuff is built into a new platform.  Let's leave 2006 behind and move on to 2020.

I'm also not planning on a new PC as I'm hoping that a brand sim will be better designed than P3D with an old heart and a new face or even XP12 when it appears eventually.  Let's look forward and not backwards.

• Like 4

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

Time to move on if you want to embrace new technology and what it brings to the table; if not you keep and enjoy what you have until you are ready to make the leap. It's your choice, but in no way should FS2020 be backward compatible with current addons. Let's move forward...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Ken

38 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

I have purchased new hardware for pretty much every past release of Microsoft Flight Simulator, so this would be no different..

Ha ha, ain't that the truth! I was well into the FSX era before I could even run FS2004 properly :) 

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

I will have no heartburn if nothing we have transfers. It's time we leave the old programming behind and move into today's. 

• Like 6

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Well, first we have to wait and see what is all about. I was ready to move to a X64 platform. Now i have to wait again. Surely it's frustrating to be obliged to mess with cfg files and affinity masks and all this strange settings, (i just wanted to fly the d*** plane!!!!) struggling to gain 5-6 fps more and then stopped by OOM error. But 3rd party developers can offer a discount for all buyers sometime. If one platform is better, it is better for all us, buyers and developers.

But we'll see...

Edited by Dio

One thing is for sure, the blast wave from this MS bomb was tremendous.... Maybe (hopping) to our benefit...

• Like 1

Just now, 188AHC said:

I will have no heartburn if nothing we have transfers. It's time we leave the old programming behind and move into today's. 

Your post might enter into the "Famous Last Words" category 😄. A new engine is an enticing idea but I suspect it may take years before it is stable. Heartburns ? Coming up ! 

Cassandra <signing off>. 

• Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Just now, Bert Pieke said:

<cough, cough> I had a new hardware when FSX was relased and..., well, you know the story. ..

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

As far as I'm concerned this is a brand new sim. I could care less if any add-ons worked, why should they? FSX is 13 years old... 

• Like 2

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

I think we had all better start bringing home flowers and candy for the wife every week. When this thing hits in a year or two we are going to be doing a lot of fast talking and begging. New Computer, New Sim, New add-ons and for most New Networking and Internet service. Some of the hidden cost may include but not limited to a New Wife, Home and Car. No worries, you have to be tough to be a flight simmer!!🤣

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

32 minutes ago, reignman40 said:

As far as I'm concerned this is a brand new sim. I could care less if any add-ons worked, why should they? FSX is 13 years old... 

Yeah that's right as long you as you don't need to pay for them, again.... 4 add on air crafts + ORBX + REX + AS16 + ? (hardware) = 💲💲💲💲 .

But i know how it works, future does not come for free....😎

4 minutes ago, shivers9 said:

I think we had all better start bringing home flowers and candy for the wife every week. When this thing hits in a year or two we are going to be doing a lot of fast talking and begging. New Computer, New Sim, New add-ons and for most New Networking and Internet service. Some of the hidden cost may include but not limited to a New Wife, Home and Car. No worries, you have to be tough to be a flight simmer!!🤣

Happy wife = happy life......😎