Sign in to follow this  
sightseer

XP11.34 Orbx TEWA some more scenic pics KAST to KHQM

Here are should be 14 shots from todays flight.  I used to fly in this area quite a bit.  Im a bit dissapointed as to how brown some areas of TEWA are and Im very dissapointed that it seems to cut off just south of KKLS (cant even fly from Vancouver) -- but overall I think its good.  all these areas that used to be only in pay airports (for people like me who stuck to what Orbx did) are now there in TEWA -- like Anacortes for example.  anyway - some pics:

ul9rk3N.jpg

yi3VSaK.jpg

mhztHeP.jpg

tX68cWV.jpg

KcE2Xpi.jpg

pq7jvhW.jpg

kiAWi48.jpg

iMjvkoi.jpg

vJdUs4j.jpg

86P9yMf.jpg

XHKy5GI.jpg

wlVAeiI.jpg

aIqgPIK.jpg

anu5EQY.jpg

• Like 3

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

39 minutes ago, sightseer said:

Im very dissapointed that it seems to cut off just south of KKLS (cant even fly from Vancouver) -- but overall I think its good.

I don't think I understand when you say disappointing, I come from Flight Simulator 2 on the C64 and been doing this for 25 years, and those shots are nothing short of spectacular. I have P3D and practically only fly in all the ORBX PNW regions and find those amazing, I can only imagine or see screenshots like this for the TEWA scenery and would be ecstatic to have that in P3D.

5c4a1a3564b4e6ae78137b5e_Capture.PNG

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

thanks for the map.

Do you simply not understand that I too have been FS'ing for decades and I got VERY used to doing certain flights and I was excited to get back into doing those flights only to discover that part of it was cut off and in my case surrounded by water for reasons I wont go into but have to do with USB 3.1 type C not yet ready for prime tiem -- it destroyed my several hundred gig install. and yes I found it disappointing.

orbx makes Vancouver Pearson and I have it but flying from there is disconcerting with only water.  It IS part of Washington.  Im not sure why its not includede but whatever.

Edited by sightseer

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

14 hours ago, sightseer said:

orbx makes Vancouver Pearson and I have it but flying from there is disconcerting with only water.  It IS part of Washington.  Im not sure why its not includede but whatever.

Very nice pics, Dave. Like you I also used to fly a lot in P3D ORBX PNW. Now with TE Wash for XP11, it's even better. But I don't have water like you in Vancouver Pearson. Can it be that something went wrong with your installation? Maybe you can go to FTX Central and try to verify the TE Wash files. This should clarify at least, whether some of your files are missing.

Btw, I have next to TE Wash also Ortho4XP for all of BC, with TE Wash sitting on top of my ortho files. Works very well together 😊

• Like 1

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

Hi bernd -  thanks for the reply and the positive comment.  I think the reason I have water is because I had two installations of XP and one only had the east half of US  and when my gigantic 'full fat' install got corrupted by a malfunctioning USB 3.1 driver and it took me a while to discover that my USB 3.0 port could be trusted and to save download time, i must have just copied over my smaller install and then put Orbx into it.

I'll be honest, I can hardly remember ten minutes ago these days so knowing what I did three months ago is a long shot.  I remember having Eugene and Seattle and Vancouver (both of them) but now its all water.  I just have to download the west coast again.