Sign in to follow this  
RTK1972

Orbx released Global Buildings HD

Runs great on my system and no FPS hit.

It does use a fair bit more VRAM due to the 4096 textures.

I was surprised when I fired up FT KLAS , the FSLABS A320 , and Buildings HD with Texture_Exponent=10 , I was almost maxing out my 11GB 1080TI ( VRAM was at 10.4 GB!). Where before Buildings HD it was running around 7.5 GB max.

Visuals were amazing though.

I love it to..a big improvement of the p3d buildings...I use Rex airports hd and it does affect some of the texture at the airport. But not enough to remove either one...

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

22 minutes ago, reecemj said:

I use Rex airports hd and it does affect some of the texture at the airport. But not enough to remove either one...

If you reinstall REX Airports HD after installing global buildings, does that restore the airport textures?

This is really the only thing holding me back on Orbx buildings.

ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Plus ▪︎ Intel i9-12900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 4090Ti ▪︎ 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo ▪︎ Windows 11 Home ▪︎ 3x Western Digital Black SN850 2TB NVME SSD ▪︎  ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair HX1000 Platinum PSU ▪︎ Fractal Design Meshify 2 ATX Case

2 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Are you sure?  I do not notice any impact.. but then I usually have max textures set to 2048, except for the odd "test flight"..

There's an announcement at the ORBX forums that they will probably release a lower resolution version, as a result of enquiries from different users. I have my textures resolution set at 4096x4096 and don't want to change that just to make the autogen HD buildings to work better on my system.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

2 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Cheers, Rob.

Good to see you on the forum again Rob, I missed your valuable insights and knowledge.

Sincerely

Joe

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

I looked at Orbx bulidings as well as the competing product from RD Presets.

I settled on the the one from RD Presets with no regrets.

About half the price plus it has the option to install at 4K or 2K or 1K.

...Lloyd

Edited by Noell

Lloyd Noel (Ontario, Canada)

Intel i9 10900KF@5.2GHz / NZXT Kraken X73 AIO / MSI MPG Z590 Gaming+ / 32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance LPX / Gigabyte RTX3080Ti Gaming OC / Corsair RM1000e 1KW PS / 1TB WD Black M.2 (Win 11 Pro) / 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 .(MSFS2020) / 512GB Sabrent Rocket M.2 (XP12) / 1TB TimeTec SATA (Misc. & FS Support)

Would it be worth it for someone who only flies jetliners with textures at 1024 max? I have autogen set to max though. 

Does anyone know the correct position of ORBX Buildings HD in the scenery library? When I install the product it positions the entry between 0005 Base and 0006 Base.

2 hours ago, DChockey08 said:

Would it be worth it for someone who only flies jetliners with textures at 1024 max? I have autogen set to max though. 

Yeah lately I'm into the airliners too and probably wouldn't get to much value out of it, although I did add it to my "buy someday list" as I may return to the low and slow "hands on" flying later this year.  Kinda miss that....but hey the video looks great. 

Mark

I'm still waiting for Orbx to have alternate texture size option. One of the Dev's was looking into it but have not heard anything further. 

• Like 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Here is a cut and paste from the ORBX Forum about this subject (Scott is the developer for BHD):

"After taking a couple of weeks off for some (much needed) R&R, I'm back at work and the first order of business is a patch for BHD.  I am indeed working on making 1K and 2K versions of the textures, as well as correcting conflicts with some default airport buildings.  No timeline for release, but we realize that you're all waiting patiently and we'll do our best to get it out soon :)

Cheers,

Scott"

• Like 1

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

5 hours ago, richbonneau said:

If you reinstall REX Airports HD after installing global buildings, does that restore the airport textures?

This is really the only thing holding me back on Orbx buildings.

No it does not restore the texture. On page 4 of this thread you do it manually. I left it as is cause it really don’t look that bad.

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

2 hours ago, pgde said:

Here is a cut and paste from the ORBX Forum about this subject (Scott is the developer for BHD):

"After taking a couple of weeks off for some (much needed) R&R, I'm back at work and the first order of business is a patch for BHD.  I am indeed working on making 1K and 2K versions of the textures, as well as correcting conflicts with some default airport buildings.  No timeline for release, but we realize that you're all waiting patiently and we'll do our best to get it out soon :)

Cheers,

Scott"

That is good news. Thanks for sharing. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro