Sign in to follow this  
RTK1972

Orbx released Global Buildings HD

11 hours ago, pgde said:

Here is a cut and paste from the ORBX Forum about this subject (Scott is the developer for BHD):

"After taking a couple of weeks off for some (much needed) R&R, I'm back at work and the first order of business is a patch for BHD.  I am indeed working on making 1K and 2K versions of the textures, as well as correcting conflicts with some default airport buildings.  No timeline for release, but we realize that you're all waiting patiently and we'll do our best to get it out soon :)

Cheers,

Scott"

Ask and you shall receive. This update will 4K their sales. 😀

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1K should be enough to make JV happy! 😁

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

22 hours ago, LecLightning56 said:

Does anyone know the correct position of ORBX Buildings HD in the scenery library? When I install the product it positions the entry between 0005 Base and 0006 Base.

I can't find it anywhere in my scenery library and I am wondering if it installed or not. What is it called? 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

16 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I can't find it anywhere in my scenery library and I am wondering if it installed or not. What is it called? 

It's one of the first Orbx products to use the SDK recommendation for add-ons.  Look in the add-on.cfg file in the LM P3D programdata area, it points to an add-on.xml that is buried in the Orbx folders.

Edited by downscc

Dan Downs KCRP

1 hour ago, downscc said:

It's one of the first Orbx products to use the SDK recommendation for add-ons.  Look in the add-on.cfg file in the LM P3D programdata area, it points to an add-on.xml that is buried in the Orbx folders.

I finally located it. Program (x86) LockheedMartin/P3D V3/Orbx/ .Scripts/Builldings HD

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

41 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Like looking for the #@@* Holy Grail,   Searched everywhere and can't find any mention of it. Don't even know what the file or entry name is that I am looking for/????? 

The entry doesn't show in the Scenery Library, it's in the list of Addons.

More specifically, the HD Bulding textures are in P3Dv4->Orbx->Scripts->HD Buildings

The entry is in C->Program Data->Lockheed Martin->Addons.cfg

You can see the entry by going to the Scenario screen (little airplane spinning around), then clicking on the "Addons" button at the bottom of the page. You'll see "Orbx HD Buildings" in the list of Addons..

Note that you can untick the box there and stop the HD Building textures from loading, However, from experience, if you do that, I would recommend shutting down the sim and restarting it again, rather than just going directly in and flying. Otherwise the sim will be unstable if you do that.

Because Orbx put the entry in the Addon files, it means the HD Building textures will always overwrite same named textures being used by any third party scenery in the scenery library.

At least as I understand how it's all suppose to work.

Hope that helps - Bob

Edited by BBCM

5 minutes ago, BBCM said:

The entry doesn't show in the Scenery Library, it's in the list of Addons.

More specifically, the HD Bulding textures are in P3Dv4->Orbx->Scripts->HD Buildings

The entry is in C->Program Data->Lockheed Martin->Addons.cfg

You can see the entry by going to the Scenario screen (little airplane spinning around), then clicking on the "Addons" button at the bottom of the page. You'll see "Orbx HD Buildings" in the list of Addons..

Note that you can untick the box there and stop the HG Building textures from loading, However, from experience, if you do that, I would recommend shutting down the sim and restarting it again, rather than just going directly in and flying. Otherwise the sim will be unstable if you do that.

Because Orbx put the entry in the Addon files, it means the HD Building textures will always overwrite same named textures being used by any third party scenery in the scenery library.

At least as I understand how it's all suppose to work.

Hope that helps - Bob

OK, maybe because I have P3D V3.4 everything is different. The only place I could find any mention at all of HD Buildings was in the script as I posted above. 

If I go to program data/ addon's cfg.......  no mention at all of it. 

If I go to Scenario screen, there is no add on button at the bottom of the page. 

I guess everything changed in P3D V 4. 

Pretty basic stuff, either the add-on.xml is found in the add-on documents folders and there it is  'auto-discovered' by P3D or there will be an entry in the programdata LM P3D folder in the file add-on.cfg.  The add-on.cfg file entry points to where P3D can find the add-on.xml, thence this not auto-discovered.  In either case, the add-on.xml will point P3D to the addon components whether they be scenery, simobjects, effects, dlls or whatever.

This works in P3Dv3 same as v4; only difference is that with v4 the SDK made this the recommended method over the old scenery.cfg entries, which only handle scenery.

Dan Downs KCRP

3 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

OK, maybe because I have P3D V3.4 everything is different. The only place I could find any mention at all of HD Buildings was in the script as I posted above. 

If I go to program data/ addon's cfg.......  no mention at all of it. 

If I go to Scenario screen, there is no add on button at the bottom of the page. 

I guess everything changed in P3D V 4. 

Sorry, Bobsk8, my old eyes: I completely missed that you were using v3. Well, that's a good question how Orbx would install HD Buildings into one of the 32 bit flight sims to get the same overall effect, and not be over-written every time you installed or re-installed a scenery. I don't know about P3Dv3 (I came directly from FSX), but last I heard, FSX could not use outboard xml addon files like P3Dv4.

I still have FSX installed, but I haven`t bothered to install HD Buildings into it (kudos to Orbx for allowing multiple sim installs on one purchase). Maybe I might just install into FSX for curiosity`s sake.

Of course the easier way is maybe just to pop over the Orbx forums and ask 😄 

Sorry I couldn`t be of more help - Bob

• Like 1

On 7/1/2019 at 10:00 PM, onebob said:

In the Orbx Buildings control panel there are two options :-

1) Orbx Global BASE Mode and

2) FSX/P3D Default Mode.

With a note above " If you do not have Orbx Global Base installed, Buildings HD will use a different set of roof textures."  So I understand this to be you only get the enhanced roof  textures if you have Global Range installed, however as FTX Regions are included in  the Buildings HD package are we to assume that the enhanced roof textures are also included if we opt for option 2)

bob

I'm in the same situation, as I have FTX Regions, but not FTX Global.

I compared screen shots, and the roofs definitely look different depending on which option is selected. Just wondering if it's safe to use Global mode inside FTX regions...

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Letting P3D do the resizing will be at the cost of some performance.

Already having smaller textures will load faster : 4096x4096 = 16x larger in size per texture than 1024x1024..

For me this is Flightsimulation so flying in the air and not Buildingssimulator where I am getting very close the the buildings....

• Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

1 hour ago, GSalden said:

Letting P3D do the resizing will be at the cost of some performance.

Already having smaller textures will load faster : 4096x4096 = 16x larger in size per texture than 1024x1024..

For me this is Flightsimulation so flying in the air and not Buildingssimulator where I am getting very close the the buildings....

Well pretty easy to resize have three variants local here 1024 * 1024 and 2048 * 2048 and 4096 * 4096 and in DXT5

André

I believe someone said the textures are mipmapped anyway...

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

2 hours ago, d.tsakiris said:

Correct so the system should do it by design (GPU)

The real gain from a smaller mapping is VRAM size 😉

Edited by awf

André

2 hours ago, d.tsakiris said:

You only profit from that when climbing .....

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0