Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
RTK1972

Orbx released Global Buildings HD

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

Does that actually work by resizing them? 

If you do that, you are setting the maximum texture limit in P3d, anything higher will get converted on the fly down to the lower resolution

Allowing P3d to do the conversion at runtime must also cost some CPU overhead

 

Edited by kand

Share this post


Link to post
51 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

What about just letting P3D resize them..?

If I choose 2048 texture resolution in the sim, the new autogen still shows up..

Sure, but no converting might be faster and less taxing on the system.

  • Like 1

Gerard

7940x ( 14 cores ) : 8 cores @ 4.8 - 6 cores @ 4.0 Ghz - Gigabyte X299 Gaming 7 - 32 Gb G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz Cl 14 - Gigabyte GTX 2080 TI Windforce OC @1920 Mhz - 1x SSD M2 1800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 43” Sony 4K tv's in NVSurround

8700K : all 6 cores @ 5.0 GHz - Asus ROG 370 - 16 Gb 4000 MHz @ 3600 Mhz - Gigabyte GTX 2080 Windforce OC @ 1900 Mhz - 1x SSD M2 1800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - 1x 55” Sony 4K tv

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

 

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, Midnight Music said:

I just noticed that the ORBX HD buildings installation replaced all the default terminal textures I had installed with REX Worldwide textures HD. The hangars it left alone. Anyone else notice this?

 

Have you tried to reinstall REX Textures over Orbx? 


Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Sure, but no converting might be faster and less taxing on the system.

If you set P3D to 2k, all the existing HD textures, apart from the HD Global Buildings would be affected, including custom buildings in existing scenery that use 4k, so most probably is not a good solution.

Cheers, Ed


Ed Patino

P3Dv4.5 hf2 - Win 10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XI Hero Z390 - CPU Intel i7-8086k 6-cores - 32GB RAM - MSI Nvidia GeForce GTX1080Ti 11GB - 3 x SSD x 1TB Crucial/Samsung + 1 x SSD 2TB Crucial + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD External Seagate 2TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // P3Dv4.5 hf2 & Aerofly FS 2 - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - Nvidia RTX 2070 - 2TB SSD - 2TB HDD // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Share this post


Link to post

I use Nuvecta Landscapes to provide autogen for some of my MegasceneryEarth areas. Anyone know if Global Buildings HD would replaces those textures? I suspect they wouldn't, since within the Texture folder Nuvecta installs within MegasceneryEarth entries, it installs its own .agn files. I find them to be of rather low texture quality, so it would be great if Global Buildings HD replaced them. 


P3D 4.3, Windows 10/64 bit, Intel 6700k @ 4.7 air-cooled, NVidia 2080 Ti Founders Edition, ASUS Rog Maximus VIII Ranger, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 @3200, Phanteks Anthoo Pro Series Case, Samsung 950 Pro M.2 500GB, Sandisk 1TB SATA, Seagate 2TB Hybrid Drive, Cooler Master 700W, 40-inch Samsung 4k TV

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, bbain1187 said:

I use Nuvecta Landscapes to provide autogen for some of my MegasceneryEarth areas. Anyone know if Global Buildings HD would replaces those textures? I suspect they wouldn't, since within the Texture folder Nuvecta installs within MegasceneryEarth entries, it installs its own .agn files. I find them to be of rather low texture quality, so it would be great if Global Buildings HD replaced them. 

AGN files contain the places of objects incl what textures are being used. If it uses the default textures than you will see the Global buildings...

  • Like 1

Gerard

7940x ( 14 cores ) : 8 cores @ 4.8 - 6 cores @ 4.0 Ghz - Gigabyte X299 Gaming 7 - 32 Gb G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz Cl 14 - Gigabyte GTX 2080 TI Windforce OC @1920 Mhz - 1x SSD M2 1800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 43” Sony 4K tv's in NVSurround

8700K : all 6 cores @ 5.0 GHz - Asus ROG 370 - 16 Gb 4000 MHz @ 3600 Mhz - Gigabyte GTX 2080 Windforce OC @ 1900 Mhz - 1x SSD M2 1800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - 1x 55” Sony 4K tv

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

 

Share this post


Link to post

Short note for users that do not use texture exp=10 or more advanced .cfg tweaks. HD Buildings does not overload my system. I use dense settings for autogen buildings where befor I had to use normal. I did my tests in Orbx region SoCal (KLAX) and never used more than 6 GB VRAM on my GTX1080. No offence to some of you guys in this thread but I think you have very special settings (and the knowlege how to set things up!) that most users should not even attempt to replicate with more ordinary pc specs.

If in doubt wait for some reviews that will surley come. But dont get discouraged by this downsizing discussion. On my end there is no need for this with dense settings as long as you have 8 GB of VRAM available p3d in 4k with 4k textures no problem.

For comparision p3d settings for my tests:

3840x2160x32, texture resulution 4096x4096 and 7cm, high-resolution textures and high detail radius, tesselation ultra, mesh 5m
Scenery complexity extremely dense, draw distance high, dense autogen
Water high, reflection clouds, special effects high

cfg tweaks:
FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.01

TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=1024

OPAQUE_SHADOW_TEXTURE_SIZE=4096

i7-6700 and GTX1080 (both overclocked)

Thanks and now back to the downscaling thread 😉

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

MCE_banner_272_68.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, Rasterfahnder said:

Short note for users that do not use texture exp=10 or more advanced .cfg tweaks. HD Buildings does not overload my system. I use dense settings for autogen buildings where befor I had to use normal. I did my tests in Orbx region SoCal (KLAX) and never used more than 6 GB VRAM on my GTX1080. No offence to some of you guys in this thread but I think you have very special settings (and the knowlege how to set things up!) that most users should not even attempt to replicate with more ordinary pc specs.

If in doubt wait for some reviews that will surley come. But dont get discouraged by this downsizing discussion. On my end there is no need for this with dense settings as long as you have 8 GB of VRAM available p3d in 4k with 4k textures no problem.

For comparision p3d settings for my tests:

3840x2160x32, texture resulution 4096x4096 and 7cm, high-resolution textures and high detail radius, tesselation ultra, mesh 5m
Scenery complexity extremely dense, draw distance high, dense autogen
Water high, reflection clouds, special effects high

cfg tweaks:
FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.01

TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=1024

OPAQUE_SHADOW_TEXTURE_SIZE=4096

i7-6700 and GTX1080 (both overclocked)

Thanks and now back to the downscaling thread 😉

 

 

4096 is 64x larger per used texture ( per side ) than default. So 1 building has 4 sides + roof.

Imagine 100.000+ buildings in a city.... You can do the math...


Gerard

7940x ( 14 cores ) : 8 cores @ 4.8 - 6 cores @ 4.0 Ghz - Gigabyte X299 Gaming 7 - 32 Gb G.Skill Trident Z 3200Mhz Cl 14 - Gigabyte GTX 2080 TI Windforce OC @1920 Mhz - 1x SSD M2 1800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 43” Sony 4K tv's in NVSurround

8700K : all 6 cores @ 5.0 GHz - Asus ROG 370 - 16 Gb 4000 MHz @ 3600 Mhz - Gigabyte GTX 2080 Windforce OC @ 1900 Mhz - 1x SSD M2 1800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - 1x 55” Sony 4K tv

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

 

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Rasterfahnder said:

Thanks and now back to the downscaling thread 😉

LOL! Thanks for the report. 

  • Like 1

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

Share this post


Link to post

Here's hoping that new sim will put an end to all this. Can't blame a guy for dreaming in color.

  • Upvote 1

Mario Di Lauro

Share this post


Link to post

 

25 minutes ago, Rasterfahnder said:

 

cfg tweaks:
FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.01

TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=1024

OPAQUE_SHADOW_TEXTURE_SIZE=4096

i7-6700 and GTX1080 (both overclocked)

Thanks and now back to the downscaling thread 😉

 

 

texture bandwidth mult 1024? think you have a screwed up setting there, if you meant this to be texture max load=1024, you wont be seeing any 4k textures in your sim

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Imagine 100.000+ buildings in a city.... You can do the math... 

Yes Sir I can. It was not my intention to say you are wrong. In fact I just wanted to give some feedback for someone that is not running the sim with such great setting as you guys do. So please go on your tips are very good and worthwile. Did not mean to offend anyone, sorry if I did. 😧

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

MCE_banner_272_68.jpg

Share this post


Link to post

Hello,

the setting is

[GRAPHICS]

TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD= (512/1024/2048/4096)

 

Edited by Reader

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, kand said:

texture bandwidth mult 1024? think you have a screwed up setting there, if you meant this to be texture max load=1024, you wont be seeing any 4k textures in your sim

Hello,

the setting is

[GRAPHICS]

TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD= (512/1024/2048/4096)

or of course a slider in P3D

Edited by Reader

Share this post


Link to post

Maybe someone who is knowledgeable can go over to the Orbx forums and explained the 2K & 1K request. I only see one request for 2K/1K and the developer replied; "if you limit the texture resolution in P3D to 2048 or 1024, will that not solve your problem?" It's not going to get resolved or added being in the Avsim forums. 

Link

Edited by Wise87
  • Upvote 1

Dan

 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    22%
    $5,550.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...