Sign in to follow this  
amadi7

No import button old garmin data base

Hi guys

I read every topic about missing button. I done every step so far but still is not working.

I want love the product but:

- no charts or procedure in Europe and data base is from 2016. New one doesn't work. I got black screen.

- ok then if I use Little Nav I can create and if needed modify, but no because there is no import button.

If I can I can copy everything from other similar topics what I have done so far.

My weekend is nearly done and I was so looking forward to fly with my 50$ new avionics but instead I spent hours around 13 so far to resolve this. Reinstalling at least 30 times with different data base.

What I really don't get is how button can disappear. Grayed out yes but gone??? 

I'm that close to ask for refund because this is not what I'm expecting from product that expensive.

I also watch couple tutorials and read on the website about this product. Only after I bought it I discovered EU nope and no weather which suck full time. Replacing default in KA 350 Airfoilabs but loosing weather report.

Please guys tell me what to do

Manual is pointless done that.

I went to the Garmin site and installed version 6.21.1 ( https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=9256 ). Then I copied the content from the "Database" folder of version 2400 into the "DB" folder of version 6.21. Now my GTN works, showing a navigation database 1809. Afterwards I took a flight, and it seemed that everything was working. But naturally, this is only an experiment that could crash at any time. And i'm also unable to tell, if the database is really the one it shows on the screen.

Regarding the problem with the import button, I was able to get it working after reading the manual and do some google searches (the manual is not totally clear, in my opinion). But don't ask me to explain how I did it. I'm not really good with writing manuals, either. it's probably easier to just put the waypoints from your flight plan into the GTN manually, until this whole update mess is sorted out.

• Like 1

Thanks Asdiroc

the database idea sounds to me very clever and I will try this later today. I will try to add them manually. Obviously as much is it great idea is not what expect after spending this kind of money.

If any of you guys might know what caused this issue (missing button) please let me know

Hi,

can you please read this first:

As for contacting Reality XP, you are already when writing on this forum!

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

On 6/30/2019 at 2:41 AM, Asdiroc said:

it's probably easier to just put the waypoints from your flight plan into the GTN manually, until this whole update mess is sorted out.

On 6/30/2019 at 7:45 AM, amadi7 said:

If any of you guys might know what caused this issue (missing button) please let me know

Hello both to recent members Asdiroc and Amadi7,
There is a great discussion topic right here in the Reality XP GTN forum named Flight Planner for GTN .  It can be found in the Reality Flight Sim GTN forum.  This topic we are in now is in the Reality XP X_Plane GTN Forum. Please look through the list of topics here to find it.  I suggest you read through it entirely, as well as read through some related topics that are referenced during the discussion.  This is a User to User recommendation from me, another user.

You have purchased a simulator GTN product from Reality XP.  That product is based on a standalone GTN trainer that Garmin has provided to its customers to enhance those customer's learning of how to use the actual Garmin product.  So you are in fact using two products.  One from Reality XP, and one from Garmin.  From time to time Garmin updates their Trainer product.  When that occurs, Reality XP must go to work to resolve any newly created compatibility issues that might occur.  We are in the middle of just such an occurrence. 

The GTN flight plan import process itself is a function of the Garmin Trainer, not of the Reality XP product.  Garmin uses validation rules during the import process and if you plan on importing flight plans then it is important that you first understand how the Garmin rules may work. The Garmin .gfp file specification is text, but is highly specific.  If the .gfp file(s) are not correctly formulated the files may not (a) appear, or (b) may not import.  In other cases they may appear and import, but may be locked upon import  In the topic I mention, find and read about nav point names that have duplicates in the nav database, such as the example of a nav point BUNKA (among many others).  And read about what occurs when over time an instrument procedure name sequences, say from arrival ALPHA2 to ALPHA3.  

As far as the Reality XP product is concerned, another factor in getting an active Import button in the gauge is proper placement on your system of the .gfp files you wish to import.  

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Everything works. The problem with import button just mended itself with links from the trainer and data base.

Brilliant love the product now and I think is well worth the money.

My question is only why Garmin Database is smaller than x-plane?

• Like 1

On 7/5/2019 at 5:33 PM, amadi7 said:

My question is only why Garmin Database is smaller than x-plane?

Hi, the reason is the GTN is not a 8 cores 32GB RTX2080 computer!

https://www.garmin.com/en-US/aviationalerts/service-advisory-1604-worldwide-navigation-database/

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)