Sign in to follow this  
Guest Foxtrot 125 Tango

Helicopters

Guest FrankB

Hi,I was wondering if the behaviour of AI Helicopters will be improved as well. I'm sure this won't be simple but I think alot of us would like to see realistic AI helicopter movements on our airfields and in the skies. Things like hover-taxi and heli's taking off from just a helipad (or oilrig) would be a great thing to have.And if not included I will still buy FSX, it already looks wonderful, keep up the good work!Frank

Guest Bell206freak

While we're talking about helicopter flight dynamics (not necessarily AI, since FS2004 never included support for AI helicopters)...How about vortex ring state? Fully-capable autorotational characteristics? How about full (and I mean full, to-the-checklist-accurate start-up and shutdown sounds for the Bell JetRanger?(and that capability added to all turbine-powered helicopters as a default option)How about loss of tail rotor effectiveness? The list goes on, my friend...-Steve

Guest Wayne Smith

I would also like to see a detailed rendition of a multi-engine "corporate" helicopter, such as the S-76 included. Helicopter ATC would also be nice, so I don't have to fly a regular pattern at an airport, and can be cleared to a helipad. :-)More complete and accurate rendition of helipads at airports, and more heliports in the FS X world would also be great!Regards,WayneMetro One / NMH01Metro Helicopters VAwww.metrohelo.org

Guest Wayne Smith

>How about vortex ring state? Fully-capable autorotational>characteristics? How about full (and I mean full,>to-the-checklist-accurate start-up and shutdown sounds for the>Bell JetRanger?(and that capability added to all>turbine-powered helicopters as a default option)>>How about loss of tail rotor effectiveness? The list goes on,>my friend...>>-SteveSteve - for the above, check out the currently available Dodosim Advanced Bell 206 for FS2004.Regards,WayneMetro One / NMH01Metro Helicopters VAwww.metrohelo.org

Guest Bell206freak

That's on my list of "things to buy" for FS'04 when I get enough funds available. I was talking about all of that being available for the default JetRanger (and other helicopters) as default flight dynamics and features for FSX.

Guest Skymed

>While we're talking about helicopter flight dynamics (not>necessarily AI, since FS2004 never included support for AI>helicopters)...>>How about vortex ring state? Fully-capable autorotational>characteristics? How about full (and I mean full,>to-the-checklist-accurate start-up and shutdown sounds for the>Bell JetRanger?(and that capability added to all>turbine-powered helicopters as a default option)>>How about loss of tail rotor effectiveness? The list goes on,>my friend...>>-SteveThe advanced DODOSIM has VRS (calculated from rotordownwash speeds, density altitude and chopper weight), rotor droop, G loadings on NR, correct TQ/Yaw effects including appropriate gauge readouts and potential for LTE and LTA, accurate to the check-list start-up and shut down including hostarts and appropriate sounds, and we are just adding full auto rotation capablities including use of correct pedals.But my gut feeling on FSx choppers is that they will port the turbine engine into the R22 model and call it done.We shall see.Steve

Guest Foxtrot 125 Tango

>Hi,>>I was wondering if the behaviour of AI Helicopters will be>improved as well. I'm sure this won't be simple but I think>alot of us would like to see realistic AI helicopter movements>on our airfields and in the skies. Things like hover-taxi and>heli's taking off from just a helipad (or oilrig) would be a>great thing to have.>And if not included I will still buy FSX, it already looks>wonderful, keep up the good work!>>FrankHave you considered traffic 2005? I have it installed and it works great! Lots of realistic AI helicopters and other aircraft. This might solve your immediate concerns. :-) Regards,Mark.

>Have you considered traffic 2005? I have it installed and it>works great! Lots of realistic AI helicopters and other>aircraft. This might solve your immediate concerns. :-) If can provide proof they take off and land vertically, then I'd be more than happy to get it, but from my experiences this isn't possible in FS yet.Regards, MichaelKDFWhttp://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/mcdcvabanner.jpgCalVirAir International

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest Foxtrot 125 Tango

>>Have you considered traffic 2005? I have it installed and>it>>works great! Lots of realistic AI helicopters and other>>aircraft. This might solve your immediate concerns. :-) >>>If can provide proof they take off and land vertically, then>I'd be more than happy to get it, but from my experiences this>isn't possible in FS yet.>>>Regards, Michael>KDFW>>http://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/mcdcvabanner.jpg>CalVirAir InternationalI am just a customer that purchased the Traffic 2005 product. I don't have any way to prove to you that the helicopters perform vertical takeoffs. I am merely indicating that I do like the helicopters in Traffic 2005. I have flown in real helicopters before and, in my opinion, I think the visual effects are fairly realistic. If you know someone that has the product so you can view it yourself to form your own opinion, you may find this to be a viable alternative before purchasing it since the program is a bit pricy.;)