Sign in to follow this  
Dominique_K

Subscription

1 minute ago, dtrjones said:

Yes the purchase model is unknown but I've seen nothing to suggest you can't purchase it as a one off, although it's good news that it's part of the game pass, its a selling point and a feature of the store, of course Microsoft want you to play as many of there games as you can!

You are right, but based on their current policies, it is highly probable they will have it for sale on their store (actually I think we will see it on other stores like Steam).

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

So $120-180 a year is too much..

But simultaneously the “what we want” thread is page after page after page after page of detailed, niche, difficult to implement and resource and development intensive requests.

So “give me everything” and “I refuse to pay much for it.”

Lovely

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, irrics said:

So “give me everything” and “I refuse to pay much for it.”

Lovely

This is the basic problem. And the companies knows this, so they have a tight control which feature will earn how much money. A complete and realistic weather system would simply mean a big investment but the casual gamer won't even recognize it. A few new missions simply make more sense.

27 minutes ago, Longranger said:

This is the basic problem. And the companies knows this, so they have a tight control which feature will earn how much money. A complete and realistic weather system would simply mean a big investment but the casual gamer won't even recognize it. A few new missions simply make more sense.

I think it’s really just making a great argument for a first party add-on store. 

There are a ton of benefits for the users and for the platform owner, and assuming a reasonable 20 to 30% rate, even developers are in favor of it as we have seen here on the forum. 

I will consider it a big mistake if they don’t have some first party solution for extending the core experience, even if it’s only optional. Sort of how macOS is right now. 

10 minutes ago, irrics said:

I will consider it a big mistake if they don’t have some first party solution for extending the core experience, even if it’s only optional. Sort of how macOS is right now. 

The probolem is the store itself means a cost and how obvious is this store and who will be advertised. And which casual user might pay for a system that he doesn't immediately see. Especially if you have a pass. Why should I pay a second time, they should simply make the new model playable for me. It is simply very tricky to put a 3rd party developer in this system. For Carenados it might work but for other developers? For a 3rd party developer it is simply impossible to see how much money they could make or loose.

And even for the MSFS Team it would be tricky to find a really fair financing scheme.Its a simple idea, but...

Edited by Longranger

25 minutes ago, Longranger said:

The probolem is the store itself means a cost and how obvious is this store and who will be advertised. And which casual user might pay for a system that he doesn't immediately see. Especially if you have a pass. Why should I pay a second time, they should simply make the new model playable for me. It is simply very tricky to put a 3rd party developer in this system. For Carenados it might work but for other developers? For a 3rd party developer it is simply impossible to see how much money they could make or loose.

And even for the MSFS Team it would be tricky to find a really fair financing scheme.Its a simple idea, but...

I honestly don't know what you mean about "the store itself is a cost"?

Can you elaborate?  Are you talking about on MS's end to run it or ?

19 hours ago, irrics said:

I honestly don't know what you mean about "the store itself is a cost"?

Can you elaborate?  Are you talking about on MS's end to run it or ?

No I just realized what kind of feature the Game pass is for Microsoft. But at the same time it is a huge problem for 3rd party content creators, since we are talking about the whole earth and a big number of planes. Especially for Airport Designers it is a catastrophe. So if they really want to sell 3rd Party Developer Software in their product they need their own team to protect the 3rd party developers. In other teams it will be much easier for 3rd parties to produce a DLC but for the Flight Simulator it will simply not be a viable option.Cheaper planes and simple textures will simply bring much more money than deeper content..The additional money that they have to put in their content they simply never earn back with a game pass model but every game pass user will be angry against these developers. "Hey, I pay for it so why don't I get this stuff". In this model looks are much more important than function so this will also influence the 3rd parties. I you want to sell deep content models you simply don't put it into this world. It is no longer the World of FSX where simply some people were crazy enough to pay this amount of money for the game but people who don't get this content will be against you.and complain against this products and stop people from buying it.

I already thought that this is not the world of 3rd parties but I had not thought about how poisonous this is for high quality3rd parties. But at least after the 20th wild complaint on YouTube they simply say: "Sorry not with me.."

Edited by Longranger

Nobody truly knows how marketing addons  and 3rd party will be handled at this time, 

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

54 minutes ago, 188AHC said:

Nobody truly knows how marketing addons and 3rd party will be handled at this time, 

Sure, but I was thinking what can they really do if they want to have high quality 3rd parties. The simple problem is that the environment simply becomes toxic. if you have many game pass users. How can you protect them against such results. If no one has a pretty good idea MSFS will simply accept that they won't get high end third party content. For them this is not such a big issue. They can either say 3rd party content will be included in  and they will get a tiny amount from these earnings or it will be do what you want and we don't have anything to do with it. You can complain about twitch and videos but they are pretty important for third party developer.

One of the big problems that "Flight" had were huge numbers of Kamikaze pilots. So MSFS will really have to think about this too. They will probably limit other players to the friends list.Nothing kills such a game more effectively when you want to fly around and other guys follow their idea of fun. No one thought6 about such problems when FSX was big, so I think we simply have a totally different market and This market will be several programs and no one can do anything against it..

17 hours ago, Longranger said:

One of the big problems that "Flight" had were huge numbers of Kamikaze pilots.

I'd hazard a guess that the majority of current flight sim users remain in single player rather than going on-line.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

18 hours ago, Longranger said:

One of the big problems that "Flight" had were huge numbers of Kamikaze pilots.

How many did you encounter?

It is easy to fix the problem, if it exists, by having private multiplayer sessions.  You can be sure they'll be possible, as you don't want additional people in your "world" if you're giving instruction, for example.  It would be nice if they also had an open world where everyone could fly, and you can deal with the occasional griefer. It won't be any worse than the typical shooter.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

On other games they seem to have got quite good at dealing with griefers now, either by matchmaking or in things like rdr2 or horizon when you can choose to be translucent and immune from ramming or griefing. 

I don’t play FPS games so I can’t comment on them. 

Edited by Superdelphinus

4 hours ago, LHookins said:

How many did you encounter?

I? None. At that time I knew that Flight would die and I was more or less through with useful content of Flight and was already looking in the direction of X-Plane 10. But it was a major problems for many users at that time.

Edited by Longranger

1 hour ago, Longranger said:

But it was a major problems for many users at that time.

I never encountered it myself, never saw it in videos, and I don't remember anyone ever reporting it.

While it was possible it could happen, this seems more like disinformation spread by the haters.

How did you do on the landing challenges?

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Did I read somewhere that MSFS 2020 will be subscription based rather than outright purchase or was Imagining it ??

Apologies if posted in wrong place.

Steve