Sign in to follow this  
t28pilot

Adding a 430 to my 530 stack: coupon not working?

Hello,

I am somewhat confused here. I have already purchased  and are using the realityxp for my simwearkits 530 hardware and recently purchased the realsimgear 430 and wish to add in to my cockpit build radio stack. When I go onto realityxp website they are offering a special price of 24.99 to add a second GNS product but when I go to purchase the coupon isn't valid. Anyone run into this? 

Also, has anyone had any conflicts with combining a realsimgear product with a simwearkits 530?

Thanks!

t28pilot

Hi,

I'm not sure to fully understand what you're trying to do with all these but I can at least explain the coupon: there is 50% discount when purchasing the 2nd product to fill your collection. Say you've purchased the GNS 530 and you'd like to purchase the GNS 430 in addition, you get 50% off the GNS 430 in this case (and the reverse work as well, purchase the 430 first, get 50% the 530 second).

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Thanks. I have purchased the rxp for my 530 about a year ago....so how do I add the 430? I tried to order this morning and add in the 50% discount....a prompt came onto the screen saying something like  "this discount doesn't apply to this purchase". 

I'm not sure but is it possible you've purchased the 530 with a discount at this time (during our "end of year sales"), in which case, it is possible you can't have another discount on the second one?!

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Question: 

When I click "Download E-commerce Installer" from your website and I proceed to purchase and plug in the discount from the zipped file, how would it know I already have the 530? Maybe this is the issue I am having.... Or what am I not doing correctly?  I would think it needs to know I already have the 530 installed right?

Thank you.

This is all checked with the server which has your past purchase information. Make sure to use the same user/pass/account.

Thanks,

I don't see anywhere to sign in and use the user/pass/account...does this happen later in the purchase?

The e-commerce installer purchase page allows you to enter your e-commerce account name/password if you've previously registered, otherwise, I'd guess you can enter the same email address as you've used for the other purchase, where it prompts you to. In any case, the price will show the discount prior hitting the purchase button. If not, then it has not applied the coupon.

It is supposed to be 'relatively' simple though.

Yes I am sure it is. 

I wish I knew more. I am going to purchase the 430. I just don't know which machine to install it on. Do you know if it is possible to "POP-OUT" the 430 on the X-Plane 11 "External Visuals" machine? The simgearkits 530 is on my X-Plane 11 "Master Machine". I purchased a realsimgear 430 and because of a potential arduino conflict, I would like to install RXP 430 on the "External Visuals" computer if it is possible to do so.

Thanks, 

But I guess if I cannot get it to work on my "External Visuals" machine, I can install it on my "Master Machine" right? I believe you offer that it can be installed on two machines?

Thanks

Hi,

the product must run on the same computer as the simulator and I'm not sure whether it would work with an externally linked computer running another instance of X-Plane though. This would depend to which extent the remote computer 'conveys' the datarefs and the commands back and forth.

Regardless, the GNS V2 can popup, pop out and VR its windows.

As for the two machines, the EULA permits this as long as both are not used at the same time. This is to accommodate our customers typically running their sim both on a desktop at home and on a notebook when travelling.

Is this sale for the 2nd unit still in effect?

@dbw1 Hi, have you check on our website? I believe it is still available!

Can you tell me if the problems people have been having with the Trainer and database etc have been solved? I would like to just be able to install your product and enjoy it - I'm really not smart enough to start trouble shooting something like this. Retired now so perhaps showing my age, LOL. Thanks.