Sign in to follow this  
TopGun

FS9 using 100% CPU

Hi all,

I'm having an issue that started perhaps a week or two ago. When starting FS9, my CPU usage spikes to 100%, and remains there even after I exit FS9. This affects performance within in the sim (framerates are lower than normal, etc).

I've done no changes to my system (no new programs, added nothing to FS9 in terms of scenery, etc). I've removed the fs9 cfg file, and allowed FS9 to rebuild a fresh one from scratch, but no change. I've tried system restore to a time before the issue popped up, but no luck. I would like to avoid a reinstall if possible. Below are my system specs:

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version    6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
System Manufacturer    Alienware
System Model    Aurora-R2
System Type    x64-based PC
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU         760  @ 2.80GHz, 2801 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date    Alienware A04, 6/28/2010
SMBIOS Version    2.6
Installed Physical Memory (RAM)    8.00 GB
Total Physical Memory    7.99 GB
GEForce GTX 750 Ti

Also, this issue only happens when using FS9. My other programs are not affected (Autocad, etc).

Any assistance that can be rendered will be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

J.C.

Hi,

There's another similar topic posted earlier, and I found the cuplrit ( gameux.dll ). That seemed to have done the trick.

Thanks

I have exactly the same issue. My FS9 takes forever to load FSRealtime has a terrible time trying to connect and my framerates are at an alltime low, usually steady as a rock at 35 locked. gameux. dll is not on my system. I too have tried a system restore to no avail. Hope someone can offer a solution. It's a long wait till Flight Simulator 2020.