Sign in to follow this  

External beta testing and Vista

Deleting the period ( . ) at the end of the link gets it working.Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

Please stop the angst this is killing me. Some people have been waiting 15 years for a flight sim that runs fast.

Guest tdragger

I hate this editor...

maybe they should have gotten a faster computer then, 15 years is a long time in hardware land :)

>Or, because I'm a full service kinda guy:>http://blogs.msdn.com/tdragger/archive/200.../23/516653.aspxDon't hate the editor... just don't put a period on the end of the URL... ;)I've read some of the responses to your blog entry.What part of "DX10 will require NEW HARDWARE" is unclear?Folks, no DRIVER will turn a DX9 card into a DX10 card!DX9 is like a 16" tire.DX10 is like a 21" tire.No matter how hard you blow into the valve stem, you ain't gonna make that 16" tire into a 21" tire! :)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest tdragger

Many editors are smart enough not to parse a full stop as part of the URL, hence I *must* hate this one. :)

I would have thought beta testing a new application on a beta version of the operating system wasn't a good idea.

Generally it's not, but sometimes you have to make do...It's better anyway than not testing at all :)As long as both are also tested stand-alone it shouldn't really matter much, except that testing of FS on Vista would possibly have to be regularly rerun to account for changes in Vista.