Sign in to follow this  
Jojolo0423

Banking/Turning Delay

Hi all,

I've been noticing an issue Im having when turning/banking. When I bank any airplane at a constant rate, the plane doesn't seem to turn.  All of a sudden 5-10 secs later it turns and compensates for it. This is a bit hard to explain via text, so maybe this link will be helpful:

Anyone have any ideas what is causing this? Many thanks!!

If you're talking about the very end of the video where the outside view pauses... the actual mag heading on the ND keeps changing, so the aircraft IS turning.  Your system isn't updating the outside view.  Something has taken a higher priority and the visual render out the window has been frozen.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I agree with Ed.  That looked exactly like a long frame as in when P3D is loading scenery objects.  It's a major PITA when hand flying an approach IMC.

Dan Downs KCRP

7 hours ago, Jojolo0423 said:

Hi all,

I've been noticing an issue Im having when turning/banking. When I bank any airplane at a constant rate, the plane doesn't seem to turn.  All of a sudden 5-10 secs later it turns and compensates for it. This is a bit hard to explain via text, so maybe this link will be helpful:

Anyone have any ideas what is causing this? Many thanks!!

Well your power, speed and attitude are all over the place so it's not going to turn consistantly. Constant bank is just one part of the equation. 

gb.

Edited by gboz
  • Upvote 1

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

9 minutes ago, gboz said:

Well your power, speed and attitude are all over the place so it's not going to turn consistantly. Constant bank is just one part of the equation. 

gb.

But if you’re looking at his ND you’ll see that the heading continues to decrease while the view is frozen outside? So it’s not to do with his power, attitude or balance 

George Jackson

Q300 pilot

P3D V4.5

i9-9900K, AORUS Z390 PRO, AORUS RTX 2080 Graphics card, G.Skill 16GB 3200 Trident Z RGB

You began your turn at 200kts but increased to 350kts (during the turn at critical bank angle) before the thrust warning started chirping and flashing red 102% down 35%, then the plane stopped turning where thrust rapidly reduced & speed gradually back to 250kts (did you apply spoilers at this point of the turn?) it looks like you further increased your unsafe bank angle even further to make the turn (hence the hesitations), I think you may be in danger of exceeding the airframe, you might loose a wing banking at that speed. Its not a fighter aircraft or small aerobatics aircraft where they turn on a pin at speed.

Yaw damper can affect your turn, does this aircraft have one, is it enabled? Disengage Yaw damper for turn.

Edited by Jethro

8 hours ago, George8295 said:

But if you’re looking at his ND you’ll see that the heading continues to decrease while the view is frozen outside? So it’s not to do with his power, attitude or balance 

I see what you mean at about 1:34 but while the turn looks like it stops the plane is still moving forward during this period as you can see by looking at the ground moving through the bottom left corner of the VC so I don't think anything is frozen here. Looks more like the VC is out of sync with the external view somehow.

gb.

• Like 1

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Ok... that's two posts about how to fly the plane.  Not helpful at all.  This isn't about that, it's about the giant freaking pause at the end of the video where the ND still rotates but the outside view does not.  No changes to how one were to fly the plane would correct that.  

• Like 2

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

1 hour ago, WarpD said:

Ok... that's two posts about how to fly the plane.  Not helpful at all.  This isn't about that, it's about the giant freaking pause at the end of the video where the ND still rotates but the outside view does not.  No changes to how one were to fly the plane would correct that.  

Thank you. I’m very aware that the turn/flight mechanics are not technically sound. However I just took off on a random jet and made a turn to showcase the problem. 

This problem occurs in different aircraft and in different sceneries. Indeed it seems that the “rendering” of the turn is delayed. However I don’t believe it’s fps lag as the frames within the VC are fine?

14 hours ago, WarpD said:

Something has taken a higher priority and the visual render out the window has been frozen.

33 minutes ago, Jojolo0423 said:

Thank you.a I’m very aware that the turn/flight mechanics are not technically sound. However I just took off on a random jet and made a turn to showcase the problem. 

This problem occurs in different aircraft and in different sceneries. Indeed it seems that the “rendering” of the turn is delayed. However I don’t believe it’s fps lag as the frames within the VC are fine?

Try targeting 30 FPS to reduce the load on your system and see what happens.

gb.

Edit: Maybe reduce your sim settings as well. You do have a continuous scenery micro stutter going on there which might be helped as well..

Edited by gboz

3 hours ago, Jojolo0423 said:

Thank you. I’m very aware that the turn/flight mechanics are not technically sound. However I just took off on a random jet and made a turn to showcase the problem. 

As I stated, the pause is your computer freezing the physical out the window render, for whatever reason (something else took priority), while the rest of the sim's process continues... thus the frozen image out the window despite the ND compass continuing to indicate a turn.

Edited by WarpD

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

7 hours ago, gboz said:

I see what you mean at about 1:34 but while the turn looks like it stops the plane is still moving forward during this period as you can see by looking at the ground moving through the bottom left corner of the VC so I don't think anything is frozen here. Looks more like the VC is out of sync with the external view somehow.

gb.

Yes, this is intriguing. We can speculate that it's something about the internal scheduling of sim tasks. It's as if a part of just the flight model processing was interrupted for a few seconds, while everything else continued. Like you said, nothing is frozen. I guess the OP could just try dialling settings back to see if it makes a difference but if he can find a way to make it repeatable on demand it might be worth taking it to LM for advice.

• Like 1

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

I would suggest if I may, start with your PC specifications, please.

As Ed Wilson mentioned we're not talking about flight lessons, we're talking about (more likely a few unrealistic high settings) or just the PC can't handle what we would like to see.

PMDG 737 is also demanding on resources, right there you cannot compare it with other default airplanes. Might try IFLY 737 with PMDG 737, even there you might have differences.

Without specs and speculations, it's quite impossible for a decent answer.

Edited by killthespam

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

2 hours ago, killthespam said:

PMDG 737

On 6/30/2019 at 6:43 PM, Jojolo0423 said:

any airplane

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

18 minutes ago, MarkDH said:

Yeah, I  missed that.

Anyhow, we need PC specs for starters. I don't see any.

Edited by killthespam

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090