Sign in to follow this  
Wise87

FSDT releases major GSX update

Excellence yet again from FSDT

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DJJose said:

With no issues with win 7?

I knew Umberto would figure it out.

None but still get the crash report on exit but that’s nothing.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

18 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Me too.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

4 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

Hello

Has this update got the update dll that stops the canada CTD?? 

Thanks 

That was fixed during a previous update.

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

5 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

That was fixed during a previous update.

4 hours ago, Speedbird 217 said:

Yes, see changelog: 

• Change: Facility data not queried anymore while cruising, to prevent a simulator bug that result in crashing while flying over remote areas.

Thank you very much 

14ppkc-6.png

For those who are doing a full uninstall and installing the updated GSX, how do you not lose all of your custom airport configurations (pushback directions, labels, airline code specific to parking, stairs) and jetways? Those took a while to get right. 

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

Aw man... 😞

Best regards, Dimitrios

7950X - 32 GB - RX6800 - TrackIR - Power-LC M39 WQHD - Honeycomb Alpha yoke, Saitek pedals & throttles in a crummy home-cockpit - MSFS for Pilotedge, P3D for everything else

13 minutes ago, pvupilot said:

For those who are doing a full uninstall and installing the updated GSX, how do you not lose all of your custom airport configurations (pushback directions, labels, airline code specific to parking, stairs) and jetways? Those took a while to get right. 

backup the appdata\roaming\virtuali\GSX folder, it contains all airport configs

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Woozie said:

backup the appdata\roaming\virtuali\GSX folder, it contains all airport configs

I forget about that cheers 

14ppkc-6.png

Great update, I took advantage of the sale to buy gsx version 2.  It was very cool watching the new fuelling truck/ground well animation.  The animated people are much improved overall.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

+1 well done umberto great update.

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

Took out the NGX for MYNN-KMIA to test drive the new GSX update as well as LatinVFR's KMIAv5. Those new GSX models are just beautiful. Incredible detail... Coupled with the PBR it's a treat to watch! Really love the new update! (Just wish that it hadn't been raining that one time I decided to go to the Bahamas)

2019-6-30_21-1-58-797.thumb.jpg.0c7b4e2b95f590a4745824e0a4c10152.jpg

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Free Mode for pushback is really hard to use. There's no way to know until you're pushing back if it's going to work right, so this is definitely not something you want to mess with on an actual flight session. Until that's more fleshed out, I think the snap mode with being able to see the AFCAD nodes is more of a game changer.

Edited by Chapstick

2 hours ago, Chapstick said:

Free Mode for pushback is really hard to use. There's no way to know until you're pushing back if it's going to work right, so this is definitely not something you want to mess with on an actual flight session. Until that's more fleshed out, I think the snap mode with being able to see the AFCAD nodes is more of a game changer.

We are fully aware of it, and planned to do a "simulation" of the actual path made by the truck, to test the pushback before doing it, just like when you test a jetway to see if it works.

However, there wasn't just enough time for it to make it, because we had the deadline of the impeding Esellerate closure, which required to stop adding things to the GSX update, and be sure we were ready for July 1st, when Esellerate closed the shop.

But that feature will come in a future update, since it would make the Free mode (which is *really* the game changer, the Snap mode it's just a visual interface over the previous Custom Pushback logic) way easier to use.

It's not the easiest thing to do, since the actual curve won't be the same when used by different tow trucks, especially comparing the ones with a Towbar and the ones without it. The Towbardless ones can literally turn over a dime, while the ones with a Towbar might not be able to perform the same push.

So, ideally, we would have to ask you which truck you wanted to use to draw the simulation, and you would ideally have to test with all of them, to be sure regardless of what will be chosen in real use (which depends on the airplane used and on a random choice), the curve will always look good.

See how fast something that might seems easy enough, can become immediately very complex, when taking into account all the issues ?

Edited by virtuali
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Thank you for this update, Umberto!

I am happy to report that my very 1st attempt at customizing a free mode push back was a glaring success!

Gate A6 at KBWI. The old push back was to the left, past 3 gates, and then to the left again which left the nose of the airplane facing away from where I needed to go every time.

Now, it starts a turn to the right just as it gets half way out of the parking spot, pushes a little past 90 degrees and stops with the nose on the center line. GSX duplicated the push back I experienced last weekend on a real SWA flight out of that very gate! I was excited that I was flying out of that gate. I wanted to see if it felt as cramped in real life as it feels in P3D. Not quite, but there's not a lot of extra space back there.

• Upvote 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440