Sign in to follow this  
Wise87

FSDT releases major GSX update

The latest update today has better pax boarding sound. No more " Hello, i'm good"

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Weird I don't see any indication of another release following the major release from June 30th.

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/couatl_liveupdate_notes.html

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

47 minutes ago, Shomron said:

Weird I don't see any indication of another release following the major release from June 30th.

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/couatl_liveupdate_notes.html

Not every update is posted in neon lights 🙂 Just run Live Update. I got notification in P3D.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

How come the GSX vehicles keep smashing into each other.  The fuel truck backs up into the baggage carts, the catering trucks backup right though them as well.  I would have thought they would know where they are relative to each other and avoid driving through each other.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

8 minutes ago, MarkW said:

How come the GSX vehicles keep smashing into each other.  The fuel truck backs up into the baggage carts, the catering trucks backup right though them as well.  I would have thought they would know where they are relative to each other and avoid driving through each other.

I think because it's off the vehicle path of the particular AFCAD in use...

That probably makes the animation a difficult job in the boundaries of P3D.

• Like 3

André

4 minutes ago, awf said:

I think because it's off the vehicle path of the particular AFCAD in use...

That probably makes the animation a difficult job in the boundaries of P3D.

exactly

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

11 minutes ago, MarkW said:

I have no clue what that means but I believe you !

Apology Mark, but every airport has an AFCAD (airport layout for gates, runways, taxiways, and also vehicle paths, etc)

Vehicle paths are used by vehicles to drive on (P3D is very strict about this, no free world driving around)

Without this it's difficult for the software (especially at gates) to avoid collisions with other objects or to follow the expected path.

Hope it's helpful, a bit of rudimentary explanation of how it works. 

Edited by awf

André

9 minutes ago, awf said:

Apology Mark, but every airport has an AFCAD (airport layout for gates, runways, taxiways, and also vehicle paths, etc)

Vehicle paths are used by vehicles to drive on (P3D is very strict about this, no free world driving around)

Without this it's difficult for the software (especially at gates) to avoid collisions with other objects or to follow the expected path.

Hope it's helpful, a bit of rudimentary explanation of how it works. 

Yes this helps, thanks.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

11 hours ago, CaptKornDog said:

Heck, all I'd be looking for is maybe a top-down with a click and drag arrow rather than cumbersome slewing.  Or even just taking A2A's "towbar" feature and manually steering my own push/tow.  In my mind, simpler would offer more flexibility.

The top-down view, you can of course set it up yourself.

About the mouse clicking, our code is ALREADY READY FOR THAT! The issue is, there's an API call in the P3D SDK which is supposed to returns us with the Lat/Lon coordinates of a click and, for some reason, it doesn't seem to work. We asked LM for help, but it still doesn't work so, there's possibly a bug in the simulator, or a bug in the documentation, or possibly both. 

So, for the time being, we disabled that code in the release version, but it's already there, ready to be enabled again when we'll find out why that call doesn't work, or if LM would eventually release a fix, if needed.

2 hours ago, MarkW said:

This has been explained so many times on our forum.

GSX vehicles are NOT aware of each other, except in very few cases. Being aware of each other, would put an enormous strain on the simulator, due to the increased traffic over Simconnect (which would disrupt other add-on using it ) because, in order to be aware of each other, it means each vehicle should know the position of all the others, meaning continuously asking the simulator their actual position, at least those that are moving but, of course, to know if they are moving, we would still have to ask the simulator IF they are moving. So, it's a lot of traffic on Simconnect we would rather not have, before people will start to complain about "GSX has blocked my realtime weather updates", or "GSX is making my AI stuttering", because that would be the effect of spamming Simconnect with too many commands at once.

Having said that, most of the collisions between GSX vehicles can be easily solved by changing their starting positions.

This cannot be made automatically, since GSX doesn't know anything about the actual scenery building, it knows only about the AFCAD so, if we just placed the vehicles on starting position far away from each other, we would likely have them starting *inside* a terminal building. 

By default, their are placed starting with the parking radius, but many AFCAD are designed with a radius smaller than in real life, to play with AI assignment, for example to be sure two large airplanes wouldn't be placed in nearby parkings at the same time.

It's only with a proper customization based on the *actual* scenery that you can fix most of the clashing problems. For example, moving the baggage carts and loaders starting position a bit up, as far as possible towards the terminal without going "into" it, will surely fix a possible clash between the arriving catering truck and fuel hydrant.

Edited by virtuali
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, virtuali said:

This has been explained so many times on our forum.

GSX vehicles are NOT aware of each other, except in very few cases. Being aware of each other, would put an enormous strain on the simulator, mostly because of increased traffic over Simconnect (which would disrupt other add-on using it ) because, in order to be aware of each other, it means each vehicle should know the position of all the others, meaning continuously asking the simulator their actual position, at least those that are moving but, of course, to know if they are moving, we would still have to ask the simulator IF they are moving. So, it's a lot of traffic on Simconnect we would rather not have, before people will start to complain about "GSX has blocked my realtime weather updates", or "GSX is making my AI stuttering", because that would be the effect of spamming Simconnect with too many commands at once.

Having said that, most of the collisions between GSX vehicles can be easily solved by changing their starting positions. This cannot be made automatically, for the obvious reason GSX doesn't know anything about the actual scenery building, it knows only about the AFCAD so, if we just placed the vehicles on starting position far away from each other, we would likely have them starting *inside* a terminal building. 

By default, their are placed starting with the parking radius, but many AFCAD are designed with a radius smaller than in real life, to play with AI assignment, for example to be sure two large airplanes wouldn't be placed in nearby parkings at the same time.

It's only with a proper customization based on the *actual* scenery that you can fix most of the clashing problems. For example, moving the baggage carts and loaders starting position a bit up, as far as possible towards the terminal without going "into" it, will surely fix a possible clash between the arriving catering truck and fuel hydrant.

Thanks Umberto for stepping in and a more thorough explanation, love the update for GSX 2 appreciated,  amazing to think of at what point in flightsim history we are coming from.

André

8 minutes ago, virtuali said:

Having said that, most of the collisions between GSX vehicles can be easily solved by changing their starting positions.

This works pretty well, and for most sceneries, adjusted starting positions anyway further enhance the immersion. Many config files are already available for download, so you do not even need to do this on your own.

However, while you can change the starting position, you can do nothing to prevent other crashes. One thing continously bothering me: if both cargo doors are served by a bagage car with three trailers, they overlap for example with planes of the size of an A319. That really looks silly and could be avoided if the bagage car and trailers serving the front cargo bay would perform a little bit more pronounced left turn.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

So I'm making use of their sale and I'm finally upgrading to GSX Level 2. I haven't updated the base product yet tho. After purchasing Level 2, do I simply need to run that installer or do I need to do anything with the base product first to ensure both are fully updated?

1 minute ago, Bigt said:

So I'm making use of their sale and I'm finally upgrading to GSX Level 2. I haven't updated the base product yet tho. After purchasing Level 2, do I simply need to run that installer or do I need to do anything with the base product first to ensure both are fully updated?

Just run the current full installer which includes everything. No need to uninstall.

• Like 1