Sign in to follow this  
ark

Win 10 ver 1809 before ver 1903?

I am currently running Win 10 Pro 1803.  When I recently read Win 10 1903 was out I started checking into things and discovered there was a ver 1809 update that I had never been 'offered'. So I ran the update Troubleshooter and it fixed a "corrupted update database error".  However, if I check for updates it still says I'm up to date with ver 1803.

So at this point should I download ver 1809 from the MS website and install that and then wait and see if I am notified about ver 1903, or what? Does an update to ver 1903 require ver 1809 is installed first?

Thanks,

Al

Edited by ark

You can go right to 1903 without updating to 1809 first.

If you want to update now, just download it from MS.

23 minutes ago, Greggy_D said:

You can go right to 1903 without updating to 1809 first.

If you want to update now, just download it from MS.

OK, thanks for the reply. Since ver 1803 is supported until this November, I think I'll wait a while to see if I get an update notification which will confirm Win10 Update is now working correctly on my system.

Al

On 7/1/2019 at 2:39 AM, ark said:

OK, thanks for the reply. Since ver 1803 is supported until this November, I think I'll wait a while to see if I get an update notification which will confirm Win10 Update is now working correctly on my system.

Al

Definitely the best way to do it. If you use the "check for updates" option (or download the update online), you may get updates which are not fully compatible with your system. Waiting for them to be offered apparently indicates the MS hasn't detected anything which may conflict with the update. I suspect that this is why people who rush to update to the latest version occasionally have issues.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

On 7/2/2019 at 6:36 AM, vortex681 said:

Definitely the best way to do it. If you use the "check for updates" option (or download the update online), you may get updates which are not fully compatible with your system. Waiting for them to be offered apparently indicates the MS hasn't detected anything which may conflict with the update. I suspect that this is why people who rush to update to the latest version occasionally have issues.

Thanks, good advice!

Al

Microsoft are using Azure AI to roll out the 1903 update and it`s doing it in batches according TomsHardware it checks your system first.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Hello, I installed the 1903 and on my system it took a long long time ...but finally it is installed and it runs p3d very well. 

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

Any issues with FSX? I just noticed that 1903 is now being offered in my Windows Update.

16 hours ago, tunnelcat said:

Any issues with FSX? I just noticed that 1903 is now being offered in my Windows Update.

I've had no issues at all with 1903. As long as you wait for updates to be offered, rather than specifically checking for them, you should be fine.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit