Sign in to follow this  
Nagmaal

Trying to give a X-Plane a fair chance.

If you can crank your settings up X Plane 11 looks quite nice...almost payware. You can max everything out just to have a peek...frame rates might not be good but enough to let you have a look around and see how good it can look. 

• Like 1

On 7/1/2019 at 12:43 AM, Nagmaal said:

The out of the box experience was worse then stock P3d. Looks worse, aircraft feel like their on rails, aircraft systems are very basic.

Just about everybody would disagree with All of this, so I gather you have serious issues at your end with poor hardware, XP settings or windows or something else.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Greazer said:

Just about everybody would disagree with All of this, so I gather you have serious issues at your end with poor hardware, XP settings or windows or something else.

Indeed, i laugh my guts out when i read that.

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

Any other mods that are must have to get the X-Plane experience?

There are many thousands of free and payware aircraft, scenery, textures, tweaks, liveries etc. Some of the  'Best' are:

Zibo mod 737 + Avitab + terrain radar

Hotstart tbm 900

Mister X airports

Better pushback plugin

Ortho4xp generated scenery

2 hours ago, Greazer said:

Just about everybody would disagree with All of this, so I gather you have serious issues at your end with poor hardware, XP settings or windows or something 

Not necessarily if you are used to fsx /p3d

Control are not the same and you are lost, there is this hazy sky all the way, stupid ATC, you just don't know exactly what graphic setting are the good one and so on. 

I know I have been there too.

So yes It did take a bit of time to feel at home with the control, the view, the graphic and so on to enjoy the sim. As stated there is plenty of excellent freeware and for payware I highly recommend the hot start tbm 900. A bit pricier but worth it definitively.

I run both sim now and enjoy them both.

Edited by Bushido5
  • Like 2

...aircraft feel like their on rails...

Sounds like you probably need to adjust the control settings.  I suspect you have them set to full stability.