Sign in to follow this  
Simicro

What are your addons that you value most?

Hi Mates,

I believe that many of us have number of addons.

But what addons do you value most?

Let's make a little exercise: imagine that for some reason, you could keep only 3 addons maximum in each category below, which would you choose?

• Aircrafts
  • Utilities
  • Airports/Regions sceneries
  • Textures/Shaders

- TONY -

I go first.

Aircrafts
- A2A C172
- A2A Bonanza
- PMDG 777

Utilities
- FSUIPC
- Active Sky for P3D
- PFPX

Airports/Regions sceneries
- TaxiToGate Paris LFPG
- FlyTampa Amsterdam
- OrbX Pago Pago

Textures/Shaders
- Orbx Base Pack
- Orbx LC Europe
- Orbx Vector

• Like 3

- TONY -

I have no preference in any given category, personally the ones I value the most are the ones that improves my immersion experience in making me feel like a real airline or private pilot.

Some examples:

• GSX, With the help of this brilliant add-on I can experience all the stages of the flights as close as posible to real world operations. Ground handling, passengers,pushback procedures, etc.
  • PRO-ATCX, I like this add-on very much as it improves my personal experience when I wish to fly offline, for flying around Europe it does a really good job by introducing SID and STARS requirements to my flying procedures.
  • PMDG 737-800, I am a big fan of Boeing and this add-on made my day by having an study level of an Aircraft with an incredible variance in range, not matter where I want to fly, I can jump into the PMDG and do a short quick fly or a 5-6 hours fly.
  • Majestic Q-400, This was another incredible addition to my fleet, very good level of realism in terms of turbo-props.
  • Carenado Phenom 300, TBM-800, several Pipers and DA-60, Although these are not close to study level, they help me to fulfil that fantasy of being a private pilot travelling to any sort of destinations.
  • Flight 1 GTN Complete, This add-on is incredible good and I have added this to almost all my Carenado airplanes in order to increase their instrument accuracy. Surprisingly enough I had the opportunity to see a real GTN-750  in real world, the pilot doing the demonstration was highly impressed of how much and how well I could handle the unit, so this shows how well modelled this instrument is done by F1.
  • Active Sky + Active Cloud, what to say? I love this add-on! it is a must have for me.. love the weather depiction.

All the best,
Simbol 

Edited by simbol
  • Like 1

Aircrafts
- Realair Lancair with gtn 750
- F1 Mustang
- Lotus L39

Utilities
- EZDOK
- Active Sky for P3D
- REX SkyForce 3D & PTA

- FlyTampa KTPA
- T2G KMCO
- LatinVFR Miami v5

Textures/Shaders
- Orbx FTXG
- Orbx LC USA
- ORBX Regions (ALL)

Edited by DJJose
forgot ezdok

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

ProATC X and FS2Crew

REX SF, EF and ASP4

Edited by SierraHotel

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

why only 3 per category? 😄

Aircraft: 

Leonardo Maddog MD-8X

FSL Airbus A32x

PMDG 747 QotSII

Utilities: 

Simbrief/PFPX

Chaseplane

Active Sky

Scenery: 

Aerosoft LSZH (as its my homebase)

Flightbeam KSFO HD

Flightbeam SEQM

Textures/Shaders:

Orbx Stuff

Rex EF (after a very rocky start, didnt think i would ever say this)

Tomatoshade

But the one tool i value most is GSX, its amazing what it can do once you dig a bit deeper (and get around the quirks)

• Like 1

Thank you all for your participation.

Only 3 per category (if you decide to play the game/comply with the rule) in order to "force" a choice.

- TONY -

2 minutes ago, Simicro said:

Only 3 per category (if you decide to play the game/comply with the rule) in order to "force" a choice.

I know, its a sensible rule, but still difficult to decide 😉

• Like 1

Aircraft
- A2A PA-28 Cherokee 
- Majestic Dash Q400
- PMDG 737 NGX

Utilities
- ActiveSkyP4
- ChasePlane
- Lorby-SI P4AO
- PFPX
- Sky Force 3D
(Non-negotiable. If I didn't have access to even one of these, I'd probably give up flight sim altogether. They make that much of a difference to me).

- FlyTampa Boston
- FlyTampa Las Vegas
- Orbx Innsbruck

Textures/Shaders
- Orbx Regions (All)
- Orbx Vector
- PTA

That was a lot harder to do than I first thought!

Honorable mentions:
- GSX Level 2
- FFTF Dynamic
- Aerosoft Barcelona
- Drzewiecki Seattle
- Alpha India Group AIM-OCI
- A2A Accu-Feel v2
- FSX Google Earth Tracker
- AI Controller v1.4

Edited by F737NG
Honorable mentions
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Aircrafts
- B-787 Quality Wings
- PMDG 747-8

Utilities
- FSUIPC
- SimBrief
- Navigraph

- None

Textures/Shaders
- Orbx Base Pack
- Orbx Vector

Intel i9 - GPU RTX 3080 - 32 gig RAM HyperX Fury DDR 4

1 hour ago, Simicro said:

Hi Mates,

• Aircrafts
  • Utilities
  • Airports/Regions sceneries
  • Textures/Shaders

FSL A320/A319

GSX/ProATC/PFPX/ASP4

Orbx OLC Euro and North America, two many airports to list

SF and EF

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Aircraft

A2A Texan

A2A Comanche

Lotus L-39

Utilities

ASN

Sceneries

The combo OpenLC EU+NA+SA+Vector (I know, I cheat a little bit)

OrbX PNG suite

Pilots mesh

Textures/shaders

OrbX Global

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Aircraft:

Eaglesoft Citation X 2.0 - because it's fast - up to .9mach and flies high 51,000ft possible.

RealAir Duke Turbine V2 - because it was made by one of the best aircraft makers in the business and even though it is years old still reliable and fun to fly.

Carenado AT42/500 -  Sufficiently complex and fun to fly.

Utilities:

MCE - Used only for radio but makes life so much easier.

EZCA - All my aircraft have views controlled by EZCA

Little Nav Map -The best free flight planner + that I have ever found.

Airports:

EGMH Manston - Only because I learnt to fly there. Now sadly may be turned into a lorry park because of one womans greed.

LEMG - I lived in Spain for 10 years and flew in/out from Malaga a lot.

Original Hong Kong Airport  VHHX- one of the most fun airports to fly into.

Texture/Shaders

None

Malcolm Wright

• Upvote 1

Basically those addons I use most... Means: without considering emotional influences, Active Sky, REX products and ProATC/X I value most, all belonging to utilities... and of course, all global scenery addons like ORBX FTX Global, FTX Vector, Trees HD, Buildings HD and so on...

For aircraft and other addons, it depends on what I currently fly and this can change from time to time. There was a phase where I flew old piston planes and I loved the MJ DC-3, nowadays I almost exclusively fly the QW787 and the A32x. Then, back in the 32bit OOM days, I reduced my flying almost completely on VFR with A2A planes...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Hi Folks,

Aircraft

• Flysimware Lear 35A
  • A2A Comanche
  • A2A Bonanza

Utilities

• ChasePlane
  • ASP4
  • Radar Contact

Scenery

• LatinVFR KEYW
  • ORBX Global Freeware NA Airport Pack