Sign in to follow this  
BoeingFan8

Synthetic Vision System in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020?

In the trailer shown at E3, I couldn't help but notice that 0:58 minutes in, there seemed to be an image of the Synthetic Vision System (a system that creates a 3D model of the world around you in a glass cockpit display). From what I am aware, if it truely is the Synthetic Vision System, FS2020 would be the only sim to have it out of the box.

I have posted my observation on the flightsim.com forum yet no one seemed to care about it and despite my searches, I have found no one making any point of the system quite clearly being shown in the trailer. I'm pretty sure it is the Synthetic Vision System as the very next scene shows a "normal" glass cockpit where the ground is represented by a plain brown texture on the attitude indicator as a pose to the green one with darker spots on it, possibly representing mountains.

I'd greatly appreciate if someone shed some light on this, if maybe it isn't a Synthetic Vision System or why I shouldn't be excited for it. Out of the box support could mean support for all third party aircraft with the Synthetic Vision System.

Here's a link to the trailer with a time frame at the point in which the supposed Synthetic Vision System is shown.

https://youtu.be/ReDDgFfWlS4?t=58

5 hours ago, BoeingFan8 said:

I have posted my observation on the flightsim.com forum yet no one seemed to care about it

Not surprised, but they do have lots of interest in FS9 and XP over there.

5 hours ago, BoeingFan8 said:

I'd greatly appreciate if someone shed some light on this, if maybe it isn't a Synthetic Vision System or why I shouldn't be excited for it. Out of the box support could mean support for all third party aircraft with the Synthetic Vision System.

It appears to be a simple form of SV - note the river is not shown, but maybe that option is off (or decluttered). This is something that Microsoft will have to verify, as to how realistic the feature will be by default and whether the SDK will have all the needed details for developers.  

• Upvote 1

36 minutes ago, pracines said:

Synthetic Vision has nothing to do with Virtual Reality

Opps!  I'll remove the link!  Thanks

Welcome.  They can't seem to stop blabbing about it on this site.  There is even a full forum designated to the new Sim

• Like 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

17 hours ago, pracines said:

It appears to be a simple form of SV - note the river is not shown, but maybe that option is off (or decluttered). This is something that Microsoft will have to verify, as to how realistic the feature will be by default and whether the SDK will have all the needed details for developers.  

Ok, thanks for the clarification! I'm still a bit surprised it seems no ones even noticed.

34 minutes ago, BoeingFan8 said:

Ok, thanks for the clarification! I'm still a bit surprised it seems no ones even noticed.

There is not a lot of detail regarding cockpit avionics in the trailer.. until we hear more in August, this is all speculation..

From the little I saw, the G1000 looks fairly basic and using funny colours.. :unsure:

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

I see a G2000 and a G1000 in the trailer.  They both have an odd flight director, but that may be intentional to deviate from the real thing.  

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69