Sign in to follow this  
Mace

Suggestion to Microsoft FS Team.

Guest Phanton 09

Today I wrote this suggestion to Mr. Mike Gilbert:

I think it would only make the product yet more US centric and less interesting to people everywhere else.The total focussing on US rules and regulations in everything is bad enough for those of us living elsewhere.

Guest Phanton 09

>I think it would only make the product yet more US centric>and less interesting to people everywhere else.>The total focussing on US rules and regulations in everything>is bad enough for those of us living elsewhere.Hi Jeroen,this is the exact reason I think IAOPA is a very important point in my suggestion , to open the horizong by envolving the AOPAs of all countries.Thank you for posting.Regards,Rod.

I've had some look into the Dutch AOPA, if other national versions are similar they're utterly useless.They're basically no more than a mouth for the government here to spread NOTAMS.Don't expect the chapters outside the US to be at all similar to the US mother, they're not.

Guest Peter Sidoli

JeroenI dont know about the Dutch AOPA but the UK AOPA have protected the rights of pilots in the UK and fought our corner over a number of major issues and threats against GA.In most cases successfully.Peter

here they weren't even successful in preventing a law which requires gliders and hot air balloons to carry mode C transponders...

Guest Andre_Hedegaard

Not sure about the ideas pointed out, but I do want to say, it was a really friendly letter! :)

>I think it would only make the product yet more US centric>and less interesting to people everywhere else.>The total focussing on US rules and regulations in everything>is bad enough for those of us living elsewhere.I couldn't agree more - just look at the ATC system in FS. Not just FS either, it's the addons too.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Guest Phanton 09

>Jeroen>>I dont know about the Dutch AOPA but the UK AOPA have>protected the rights of pilots in the UK and fought our corner>over a number of major issues and threats against GA.>>In most cases successfully.>>PeterPeter, thank you for your post. I read your posts very often, since long time.Keep them comming.Regards,Rod.

Guest Phanton 09

>Not sure about the ideas pointed out, but I do want to say,>it was a really friendly letter! :)Thank you Andre.By the way , I come from here:http://www.guiafloripa.com.br/galeriadefot...x2.php?idtipo=2All these pictures are from my hometown.And in the sky you find a huge Controlled Airspace.Take a look in your FS2004. ICAO SBFL.Regards,Rod.

I have always thought "Florianopolis" was one of the neatest place names in Brazil. That and Belo Horizonte...kind of rolls off the tongue. :) Bay'lo HOR-ISON'---TAAYI like your letter. I am not all that familiar with AOPA but I'm sure with MSFS emphasis on flight safety and pilot training (as seen in the vids and checkrides that come with FS2004) it might be something they would look at.Rhett

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB