Sign in to follow this  
chevelle505

PLEASE help, trying to fix this scenery!

Trying to get this scenery to work in P3Dv4...https://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=142503

Installed it and it works fine except the taxi ways are all grass. SO, the fix for that was to open the BGL in ADE and "reset all draw flags". this has worked on a number of old fsx airports now woring fine in p3dv4. this works on KISM as well, HOWEVER, i loose half the buildings on the airport. as I compile the bgl it asks me if I want to compile the "Black box" buildings.if i click yes, they still disappear...weather I hit yes or no, it doesnt matter...I either have all buildings or missing half but have my taxi ways back. Another thing is, i have been taking the new file and renaming it and overwriting the old bgl. i have also tried just having the bgl (the way ade compiles it with your initials at the end) in the same folder and leaving the origional intact. when i do this, my new bgl has no effect...the only way the taxi ways are fixed is to overwrite the origional BGL and loose half the buildings. PLEASE anyones help is appreciated, this is the airport i learned to fly at in real world...really really want this airport to work!!

Edited by chevelle505

22 minutes ago, JustanotherPilot said:

Can you post some images to further illustrate your problems

And a list of the object libraries you are referencing for your buildings.  I had this happen with my KBMG and found the Military Objects Library I used for a number of buildings were fine in FSX but matched the description of what is happening to you in P3D.  I found what is essentially the same library compiled for P3D and have utilized it and am working to learn if it worked.  I cannot verify myself as I have not yet migrated to P3D pending an imminent new system build!

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

This is ADE indicating that it can't locate the bgl's embedded in the file you've opened to edit (not too uncommon, but the failure of the black box compile is more unusual but not unheard of). 

First thing to try is to use ADE's Library Object Manager and add file / add folder - point it to your scenery folder (the suspect scenery that is) and let it work. It should find and add the definitions to ADE, potentially allowing you to compile successfully. 

It's not foolproof, but one way to check after the LMO runs is to reopen the file and click on a black box- it should change to the footprint of the actual object if it's found. 

Edited by sddjd

Dan Dominik                                                                           

"I thought you said your dog does not bite....
                                                                That's not my dog."

Hi, as Dan says, Art has a couple of object libraries floating around. If you download a few of his airports there will be mention of his libraries and

where to find them. They have to be imported into ADE. That should take care of it. Worked for me on another of his airports.

I5 9600k@ 4.8ghz    rx580 limping-along   2x  23" 1080P Monitors

Screens of the convert.

PVbPhawh.jpg

y2A3un3h.jpg

gFbMpRAh.jpg

Edited by Benzhangar
Bigger Image

Guys thank you so much for all your help!!! Benzhangar, I cant thank you enough for that, however..you had the same issue I did, the taxiways are there, but if you look closely, there are several buildings missing, the two hangars behind the main ranger hanger arent there, and the hangar at signature flight support (where i actually used to work lol) isn't there either. I DID manage to figure it all out though, as stated, it was the library! downloaded arts library and bam!! all is compiled, taxiways, buildings ect! I'll post the file when i get another second so you guys can see what im talking about. thanks again to all!!!

19_scrshot850.jpg19_scrshot852.jpg

sorry, messed something up with the pics, they're apparently only thumbnails...ill screw with it later, I work 3rd shift lol...time for bed

Glad you got it working Chev and I also learned something new from this Dilemma.  Blue Skies with good winds Captain.  😃

Edited by Benzhangar