Sign in to follow this  
AMSPilot06

GSX texture invisible

Good day to you all,

I've a new issue. This time with GSX, after updating from P3Dv4.3 to P3Dv4.4 I got a issue with GSX, all textures are transparant and u can not see anything else. No SODE bridge, no pushback or load stuff. The only thing you see is a person standing there by the aircraft. Very strange, after doing the GSX 2.6 update, this happend. I have a screenshot so you guys can check maybe you know what is happening.

I tried several times to delete the Shaders folder, that did not the trick. I tried several times to delete the .cfg file, and that doesn't did the trick as well. I've checked the forum of FSDreamteam, a lot of complaints and more a less same issue..

Help a brother out.

Dear regards,
Red

u85gnalcn.png

13 hours ago, Kevin_28 said:

Worth a shot. 😛 You got me bud.

Did you make sure that your antivirus/firewall was turned off when you ran the install?

Yes, it was turned off when install. It's weird and now I will try to revert back to the previous version. This is weird.

The antivirus doesn't have anything to do with this. When *parts* of objects don't show, the problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX, it's a problem with video settings and/or shaders, and the fact the previous version "worked", doesn't mean the new one has a problem, only that the issue in your system couldn't be seen with non-PBR object.

The few users (like a 2-3 people) that reported this, all managed to fix it be rebuilding the Shaders. One user fixed it by reinstalling P3D, because he updated using the Client only, and this is also a known issue (which again doesn't have anything to do with GSX), that PBR might not work if the update for made just with the client.

Another possible cause is the usage of 3rd party shader mods, which might be not installed correctly, not being updated, not supporting PBR and this is also known issue (check QW or PMDG forums about issues caused by 3rd party shader mods to their planes).

The only thing sure, it's not GSX so, don't waste your time uninstalling/reinstalling GSX, because it has nothing to do with it, and you'll just wast time without fixing the real cause.

Edited by virtuali

29 minutes ago, virtuali said:

The antivirus doesn't have anything to do with this. When *parts* of objects don't show, the problem doesn't have anything to do with GSX, it's a problem with video settings and/or shaders, and the fact the previous version "worked", doesn't mean the new one has a problem, only that the issue in your system couldn't be seen with non-PBR object.

The few users (like a 2-3 people) that reported this, all managed to fix it be rebuilding the Shaders. One user fixed it by reinstalling P3D, because he updated using the Client only, and this is also a known issue (which again doesn't have anything to do with GSX), that PBR might not work if the update for made just with the client.

Another possible cause is the usage of 3rd party shader mods, which might be not installed correctly, not being updated, not supporting PBR and this is also known issue (check QW or PMDG forums about issues caused by 3rd party shader mods to their planes).

The only thing sure, it's not GSX so, don't waste your time uninstalling/reinstalling GSX, because it has nothing to do with it, and you'll just wast time without fixing the real cause.

By installing GSX I get all lot of errors:
At the PBR folder, all the ALBEDDO. See screenshot. I don't know what is the caused of this issue?

https://ibb.co/ZGcKbJS

40 minutes ago, AMSPilot06 said:

By installing GSX I get all lot of errors:
At the PBR folder, all the ALBEDDO. See screenshot. I don't know what is the caused of this issue?

It seems you just got a bad download, and this CAN possibly be caused by the antivirus, which might have corrupted the installer, by trying to "heal" it from a non-existent threat it has detected because it's bugged. Our installers are all digitally signed, so the antivirus is not supposed to flag them as threats.

- clear your browser cache.

- remove this folder

Documents\GSX_Installer

- Download again, and be sure you are not too low on space on the Windows drive

- Download and install with the antivirus DISABLED, and before starting the sim, configure it to exclude the whole Addon Manager folder from scanning.

Hi,

I were one of them who reported the same error... But i never resolved it.. Tried to write on the forum - but the supporter kept saying that is my fault/computer, lol!

My installation keep ''complete'' when it has downloaded 150/350 files... But instead of helping mem, he or she keep blaming my video setting etc.. I checked everything and it works perfectly.. Also miss the previous GSX 2, as it worked PERFECTLY for my part!

Let me know if u find a solution.

Kind regards,

Ince

Edited by MInce

1 hour ago, MInce said:

Hi,

I were one of them who reported the same error... But i never resolved it.. Tried to write on the forum - but the supporter kept saying that is my fault/computer, lol!

My installation keep ''complete'' when it has downloaded 150/350 files... But instead of helping mem, he or she keep blaming my video setting etc.. I checked everything and it works perfectly.. Also miss the previous GSX 2, as it worked PERFECTLY for my part!

Let me know if u find a solution.

Kind regards,

Ince

Hi,

Yes indeed, exactly. They are saying that it is my own system fault. I never had issues before I did the last update. Many reports did the same, they kept saying it is not the fault of GSX. Yes sure. They have to protect there product. That's the bad thing!

Precise! Downloaded 150/350 files, than it was 'completed' Why it should have 350 files, if you can complete at 150 files? Then they say: it is not our fault. Yes sure. Again, I never had this experienced before the update. 

How do you do you're flights right now? Without GSX?

I am still searching. Without a joy. I did a repair settings and still nothing. I personally think it is because of the PBR.. Which version of P3D you have? I got the 4.4 version. 

Hope to hear soon.

Dear regards,
Red

Year without GSX... And its irritating me alot! I'm trying every dang thing to fix i! Please let me know!

4 minutes ago, MInce said:

Year without GSX... And its irritating me alot! I'm trying every dang thing to fix i! Please let me know!

But which version of p3d u are using?

This problem has already being found on our forum, and it was caused by having installed a 3rd party shader mod called Ultimate Realism Pack. The user has reported that, after removing that mod, the problem went away.