Sign in to follow this  
kenthom

clr.dll stops SimDirector

While loading SimDirector I get and error saying there was a problem with Prepar3d exe.   It is apparently due to clr.dll   4.7.3324.0    Windows 7.   Reboot does not solve the issue.  Does anyone have any thoughts.

It is saying you are having a crash due to Microsoft.net version 4.7.3.  I cannot find this version on the Internet with the latest being 4.7.2.  It might have been installed during a Windows 7 update?  If you can find it in your add/remove programs, uninstall it.  MS Update will reinstall if needed by your system.  I have Windows 10 and it is not installed on my system.

It could be the 32-bit version was installed and not the 64-bit version (if you are using P3DV4, a 64-bit app).

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks Jim.  That gives me a place to start.  I appreciate your help.

Hi Jim.  I uninstalled the net frame and ran update.  The add/remove program says I have version 4.7.2 however I get the same failure when initiating SimDirector.  My appcrash summary says I have version 4.7.3062.

P3D works but as I said, SimDirector does not.  I had been using it the day before without a problem.  I do not do auto updates choosing to do them manually.   However, after working on my last scenery project I noticed that all the files were in the P3D Documents except 3 BGL files.  Upon next startup of SimDirector it failed to execute.  

Again, any thoughts?  

Thanks,

Ken

The faulting module is saying you have an incompatible addon or it was not installed properly.  This is why everyone should follow the instructions on page 10, AVSIM CTD Guide on how to fix almost every crash or freeze in P3D. The first recommendation is to rename or delete your p3d.cfg which fixes most crashes. 

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10